Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Vampire Issue.

OricSharp

After the increase in health drain, I've noticed that Nightmare Mode missions with the Vampire difficulty are hard to finish - not because of the 'challenge' that the health drain is supposed to bring, but because I keep running into long sequences of rooms with no enemies, which leads to my death regardless of anything I'm actually doing. It's not even like my Frame is slow, as I'm using Loki.

This applies to the extent that, even though I'm running at 83% accuracy with a Hek that deals enough damage that I can four-shot a Heavy Gunner and one-shot just about every other enemy, by the time I 'finish' (I'll explain the marks around that in a sec) M Prime on Nightmare, I've gotten a total of 13 kills - 11 with the gun, 2 with melee, apparently. I make it from end of the level to the other, frantically searching for things to kill, and can barely find enough to survive as long as I did.

Now to explain the marks around 'finish' - not only is this new health drain mostly leading to death by deprivation, when you die because of it, you don't really die. At least, not that I've seen. Instead of dying, or even being given a Mission Failed, I get turned into a zombie; I can't shoot, swing a weapon, switch weapons, or jump, and don't even get noticed by hostiles. I ran from halfway down the first of the end corridor section's ramps - where I died due to not having anything to kill, as the last few enemies were in the wing hallways to the sides and at the bottom of the last ramp - to the exit, past the last enemies (who didn't even look at me), and stood there, looking at the 'waiting for other players...' indicator for a few seconds before coming onto here and writing this and my post on the Map/Level Feedback boards (it strikes me that that may not have been the proper place for a post about Nightmare mode, come to think of it).

I'm still standing there. I'll abort the mission in a moment, as soon as I finish posting this - that seems to be the only way out of this situation, from prior experiences.

Well, I suppose 'experiences' is a bit strong of a word. A bit plural. This has happened only once before, as I don't typically have trouble killing enemies quickly enough except when they simply aren't there to be killed; the same thing happened then, except earlier in a mission, so I simply aborted when I realized I wasn't going to die.

Edited by OricSharp

I agree with this statement. Random enemy spawns being what they are, I've run into sessions where enemies have failed to spawn for a prolongued period of time. I've even had an instance where none spawned, and I died because I was unable to heal off of anything.

To mitigate this, I propose that there are some static spawns in a few map modules to complement the randomized spawns.