Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lead Tango- Bullet Dance

Halysis

Bullet dance is the better of the two stances for gunblades, with a heavy focus on gunfire rather than melee combat. It can do insane DPS up close to a single target, but can be lackluster when fighting groups of enemies. So, it has one combo known as Lead Tango, which has a long, dashing spin strike ended by gunfire. This combo works wonders, but there's one problem- it's near impossible to pull off.

Most melee stances have at least one combo where you press RMB within the combo. With most stances, you don't have to press the RMB with just one of the swings perfectly, you can just hold RMB and spam E to execute the combo. So, why is that not the case with Lead Tango? If you just hold RMB and spam E, you just fire shot after shot. Instead- you have to have perfect timing to execute this combo, one of the most glorious combos in the game, at that.

Please fix this, it would make gunblades a lot more fun :)

Thanks,

Halysis

I haven't done this because I'm not sure if its allowed, but some people bypass difficult combos by making a macro for it on auto hotkey or their built in mouse/keyboard macro creators. The safest solution is to master the timing with muscle memory by practicing, but a bit more leniency on the timing couldn't hurt much at all!

• 3 months later...

This is the case with Lead Tango, except that there's a bug with Redeemer that causes holding block to cancel attacks. You also can't perform a charged attack with the Redeemer while holding the block button, though last I checked you can do both charged attack and Lead Tango while holding block with Sarpa.

So, yes, this is specific to Redeemer and also includes charged attacks.

Edited by DreamsmithJane
clarity

• 1 month later...

As far as I know, it works fine with Redeemer now. I've (literally) been shooting off this combo like crazy lately because I love the little flip and firing on both Redeemer and Sarpa, especially for small photoshoots in Captura. :> It's honestly a lot easier to make this combo when you're not trying to make it.

When you do RMB+E, you need to hold E for a bit before you do the next E+E+E+E in the combo, otherwise it cancels the animation and goes back to blocking. I think that was the initial problem a lot of people are having with this combo.