Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapon Should I use on Neptune

xXxKidCurryxXx

Question

8 answers to this question

You're at the point where you need to be smart about what mods you put on your weapons.

Go for damage boosts, extra firepower, combine Cold with Toxic damage to get Viral, which will drastically reduce the enemy's maximum health. Slap on some electricity AFTER those two mods to help deal with their shields if you have to.

At MR5 you have access to the Tonkor; get it and learn to love it, because it does a LOT of damage. Just don't stand too close to the enemy when using it.

I think you can also get the Sonicor offhand weapon (or is that later? Can anyone remember?) which is ridiculously powerful for a pistol.

10 minutes ago, xXxKidCurryxXx said:

OK thank you ill try that. But I usually just use the auto mod option. Is that bad?

is bad. auto mod will try to maximize slotting your mod. but is not the best way.

firstly, try to slot lvl 30 weapon with damage mod. serration and 2 element should be

14 + 9 + 7 = 30. For non formaed weapon.

(note : i dont recommend formaing non prime weapon )

that is the first.

1 minute ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

besides being smart about modding its preferable to choose a weapon with more impact damage since impact affects shields more effectively.

Impact is a trash damage type. Yes, it gets through shields faster but the health, which matters FAR more, has a negative multiplier. The best option is a high Slash weapon that can bypass the shields entirely with its procs, and toxin to allow the base damage to attack health directly. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Impact is a trash damage type. Yes, it gets through shields faster but the health, which matters FAR more, has a negative multiplier. The best option is a high Slash weapon that can bypass the shields entirely with its procs, and toxin to allow the base damage to attack health directly. 

Trash damage type hey?  What about smart modding?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Trash damage type hey?  What about smart modding?

Melees do not count, in any sense, what-so-ever. I'm sorry, Condition Overload is just that damn good. That wasn't impact being a good damage type, that was outdamaging it with a (1.6^5[let's say 6 to be generous]) 16.7x * modded damage. As far as I know, there's almost nothing else in the game with that ludicrous of a multiplier. And if you were using something like, say, a good modded Prisma burst laser instead of the sweeper, oh man. You could run condition overload instead of primed pressure point and honestly you'd probably not see a difference in kill time. 

Spoiler

That and shattering impact gives impact damage such a wonderful use it's embarrassing. It makes me consider using Madurai with level one impact passive and level three slash passive just so that I can run Viral/Gas for the real damage and shattering impact for the armor removal of ANY faction in the same hits at any level. 

Impact is trash because it targets shield which are FAR too quickly replenished for the enemies, by enemies, to matter, and then does -25% damage when you get past it, and has bad CC that overrides other, better CC. It really needs to be reworked, or hopefully Damage 3.0 is its saving grace because dammit, I want to love my Sobek more.

Certainly, you can mod to overcome this shortcoming and pick frames that do the same, say using Ash's Seeking Shuriken to make Sobek viable against high level enemies, but that's an advanced topic that OP isn't looking for. 

Edit: Also, great choice of music. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix
missing words