Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution For Infinite Spawn Issues

Licter

So I'd been thinking about this before the latest patch, and now it is more relevant than ever.

It seems the spawn rate is out of control.  How to address this in a manner that is realistic and still challenging?

When you enter a mission, a set number of enemies could be randomly generated (withing a range, depending on mission difficulty).  This number wouldn't change, and could be eliminated by a persistent group of players.  This would make any mission similar to an 'exterminate' mission type.

Here's the twist: when the number of enemies gets down to a certain percentage of the original (which would float a bit to keep it from being predictable) Lotus would pipe up and tell the Tenno squad "looks like someone called for backup, there's a reinforcement unit on its way to your location."  Now you have a timer, which is also randomized within a certain range, until which there will be no more enemies spawning.  If you can get everything done and get to extraction, you get away pretty easy.  Stick around, and you face more enemies.  Additionally, each reinforcement 'wave' would be higher level than the last.  Potentially, you could have waves of level 60+ enemies coming into Mercury if you fought it out that long.

So what's the difference with exterminate missions?  They would simply be missions which were chosen by the Lotus because there are no reinforcements available for the location.  Thus, when all the enemies are dead, the area will be clear (at least for now).

^^not sure, but I think you are agreeing with me?  At least agreeing that spawn rates have gotten absurd.  Any thoughts about my idea of how to make them reasonable, as well as realistic?

I agreed with the spawn rates going overboard, yes.

Though I disagree with your solution. That would be absurd for newbies that take their time.

But I really don't have a suggestion, as of now.

I have a possible idea to at least make it more logical and less annoying.

Add space docks, or barracs from where enemies spawns. At least have some sort of Spawn Node. In many games you can stop the waves if you destroy the node.

The infested comes from the sewers, elevators, etc. Corpus fromsome sort of mecc hub, transporting more robots in.

Grineer send in ships that dock, or have barracks from where they come.

I personally hate 2 things in a game. Invisible walls and impossible things. IF enemies spawn into thin air, give them Star Trek teleporters. If not, dont do it.

I already proposed a solution long ago, it would been like having a spawn rate depending on the number of players in the match:

One player, the enemies respawn in small groups; Two players and the enemies respawn in medium groups; three players and the enemies respawn in large groups; Four players and the enemies respawn costantly.

A few days ago my buddy wanted to do some progress on his galaxy map. No luck finding a group he just took his shade and tried to rush through a grineer galleon. He ended up with so many baddies they were blocking entire corridors with their bodies. He had to do jumpkicks to get through them (felling 10-20 of them each time). I guess the two players who joined in later had a really great time...they killed around a hundred of them spamming ultimates until explosions took out his shade and everyone died.

Well, it's a great way to encourage stealth gameplay isn't it? They don't need poison gas, self-destruction or better lockdowns they just pile up their bodies so high you can't get past them anymore.

I agreed with the spawn rates going overboard, yes.

Though I disagree with your solution. That would be absurd for newbies that take their time.

But I really don't have a suggestion, as of now.

I believe a foundation of my suggestion would be the 'variable range' which would be set by the mission's basic difficulty level.  In early missions, it would take longer for reinforcements to arrive, and the original enemy count would be lower.

The reason for the increasing level of continuous spawns is to discourage infinite farming of low level areas.  Newbies should be able to take their time, but once they clear the original enemy count they should be given a time frame in which to complete their mission and get the f*** out before the sh** hits the fan.  This makes things reasonable to complete, without being too lenient for high-level players who want free drops from low level maps.