Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess Mod Energy

Hixlysss

Between using FORMA to make you able to slap on your powerful mods at half the cost or the Aura mods giving us more mod energy we are now having a bit of "excess" mod energy. So at this point I think it's time to start considering something to do with this extra energy. Giving us an expansion to the mod slots is one option, I want to say around two or three max mod slots we can add to our warframes and weapons. How would you do it? Forma obviously, I mean it's used to create stuff in the dojo and to add polarity to weapons and warframes, why not use it to add extra mod slots?

Other than that, perhaps some new item or mod that you can slap onto warframes and weapons that gives a bonus to X stat based upon extra mod energy. Think Aura mod slot, but this ties in with the mod energy. So for a warframe I can see the options being shields, energy, health perhaps. Weapons would be damage, ammo pool, magazine. Of course this is a very rough idea and needs tweaking.

Another idea being you can funnel the extra mod energy into a mod equipped on your warframe or weapon and give that mod a boost, increasing the stat bonus by X% where X is the mod energy you have left. So an example would be Pressure Point on a max level and potatoed melee weapon and in a polarized slot so that leaves you with 55 energy left. So then Pressure Point would get a 55% increase to its current 120% buff, which I'm not sure how to work out this part for balance. It could either add the 55% making it 175% melee damage, or multiply, which in my head means take the 55% * 120% or 1.2*0.55 and take that number, 0.66 and then add it to 1.2 = 1.86 * 100 to get 186% The latter would be more useful when you have more energy, the former more useful when you have a lot of mods equipped and not a lot of energy to spare. See if you have only 5 energy left, if you just add it you get 125% but if you multiply it you get 126%.

As for "How would it buff warframe powers?" It wouldn't. It would only work on the utility mods, such as vitality or focus. To be honest, I'd rather just see more mod slots. It would, at least I assume/hope, be easier to code into the game compared to the other options which would be trickier to "balance" and prevent stuff from becoming OP.

I think DE's current solution is to add mods that use up allot more mod power, but give extra bonuses. Reference to the Nightmare mode mods.

Yeah, but those don't use up a lot of mod power. The max, from what I've seen weapon wise at least, is 9, that isn't very high considering they boost 2 stats by a noticable amount. And to top that off, even if they release "high cost" mods, we can just forma a slot and cut the cost in half, unless they release them with...some....new....polarity...THE FUSION CORES! They have a polarity now, if they release mods that receive no bonuses, or ill effects, from a polarized slot...then....maybe.

There is more to take into this as well, considering the majority of people who want something done about extra energy have a potatoed/formaed warframe/weapon, which costs time and money, if they added in these super mods, well then the free players would end up complaining that they can't use the new mods because they don't have enough energy or the money to buy forma/potatoes, let alone the time.