Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs More Staying Power.

Mohfuu

(Edit): Sorry, I didn't read the sticky about this actually being the feedback for actual warframes. Would greatly appreciate if someone could move this to gameplay feedback.

Warframe needs more staying power, especially for high end players.

Nightmare was a nice touch, but all too gentle. I fiddled around with Nightmare on my level 1 Nova, died instantly as expected. Brought a few friends with me and we started swatting the nightmares down one after the other without ever getting stuck on a mission.

I'm not suggesting you change Nightmare mode, I love how it alters the gameplay and coerces players to stick together and keep a steady pace. It's a nice change of pace from the absolute drudge of normal missions.

We need something to unite clanmen to overcome a challenge (an actual challenge) something we can hammer away at until we get it right. I don't enjoy incessantly farming bosses until I get all the items I need, I don't really find the "grinding game" entertaining or engaging what-so-ever and I doubt anyone enjoys farming. I don't see this game surviving further into the future unless actual gameplay (not helmets, weapons, warframes) is added. WoW does a great job of creating a scarcity for their bosses by having them lock-out every week, I'm not suggesting you copy-paste their solution but you guys could come up with your own solution, I think monetizing the scarcity wouldn't work because people are always going to pay to win, you could probably find different and innovative ways of monetizing the feature.

I am personally hoping the new "boss" you've been planning is a serious attempt at expanding gameplay.

I'm not advocating that you should focus solely on hardcore players, I think you should find ways of catering to both demographics with this addition and being clever in monetizing every aspect you can of the game without cheapening the challenge or letting paying customers have an advantage.

inb4: I am casual and disagree with any challenges I am faced with.

Edited by Mohfuu

You don't like grindy games, but you want them to copy WoW gameplay... Did I get that right?

You got that completely wrong, I stated the exact opposite.

I'm not suggesting you copy-paste their solution but you guys could come up with your own solution

The fact of the matter is that once you've level'ed all your frames and weapons there really isn't anything left to do, this game revolves around collecting things and leveling them up.

At least WoW is sufficiently challenging whilst also being grindy. Warframe is just grindy.

Warframe isn't hard.

Warframe isn't hard, let alone adequately challenging. To make things even easier (and by that I also mean worse) we can now further specialize our weapons to do even more damage with the new mods added. I find myself waning from this game and due to the lack of challenge, I can't get any satisfying challenge short of intentionally nerfing myself. I'm not interested in getting to wave 100 on defense, there needs to be another way of challenging players that are organized and communicate.

Step in the right direction.

Challenging gameplay is still needed, they made a fairly weak attempt with the void missions, Nightmare was more commendable still not quite enough. They're all completely doable, even soloable. I commend them on making a great tileset (void) but in terms of gameplay it was the exact same vapid, completely steamrollable challenge laid out countless times before. We need new AI and enemy capabilities, we need enemy ranks changing and scaling in difficulty the higher level they are. In U9 most notable example is how they brought some interesting changes to the grineer composition, that was a step in the right direction.

As far as I'm concerned, DE are experts at delivering visual content i.e. hats, frames, weapons and tilesets. However in terms of delivering worthy challenges they still haven't delivered it, if they have at all attempted they have failed.

They need to either:

Completely redesign the over-all unit composition especially at later levels.

Add huge bosses that few players are capable of defeating (boss nightmare mode anyone?)

New Solar system that extends the end game difficulty.

Mohfuu made some good points. Scaling numbers alone will not make a challenge. I will never forget the first time I fought the Hyena at low level. A boss with interesting mechanics that were engaging.

I agree, the Hyena a very well done although the Jackal is my favorite.

It's obviously too easy right now but at the time they were both quite challenging, they obviously have the mindset for creating unique bosses but when I look at some of the bosses out there I wonder what exactly DE was thinking.

All the bosses in the game could have their functionality greatly expanded upon to allow for more engaging, intelligent and on-the-fly tactics. Trust me it probably seems unimaginable to have actually engaging boss fights in Warframe. The term "it's time to go big or go home" comes to mind, in my opinion Warframe has already gone quite big but if it doesn't go even bigger with more complexity it's going to fail. It won't have the staying power for those of us that have cleared everything and are getting bored with the constant barrage of new hats, weapons and warframes.

There is nothing wrong with focusing on, or advancing gameplay and I wish more of their updates would focus on gameplay to a greater degree. They add a little gameplay here and there, secret rooms, orokin traps, new grineer ranks, nightmare mode ect. ect. but it is all fairly shallow and easily mastered.