Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess resources and Research acceleration

(XBOX)S0b1t

Understanding that rushing rooms with plat mechanics would not apply to rushing research for new weapons that are purchased with plat... I was looking for idea to accelerate the 3 day research.

At higher mastery ranks, resources start to build up. Helping clan members farm resources over the years has created a stockpile that has its own gravitational pull. And its impossible for me to deplete, seeming tribble like.

A staight rush mechanic defies the word research but a venture capital of additional resourses to reduce research time (and burn through resources) seems a fair proposal.

It should not be cheap, resouces wise either, should scale with clan size, resulting in up to half research time.

While this will open the hema crybabies again. It will strenghen clan (team)work contributing towards a goal. 

There are many rank 9 clans with newer members that want to contribute more than a upside down tree in the spawn room. Within minutes of update, one of a select (real)lifeless few have begun and funded new research items by themselves. The clan contribution feature futher makes some feel like they aren't helping. This could increase chance of contributing.

Thats the base idea. Then there's the more complicated secondary iteration. To keep it open for more than one contributing the whole amount in one swope. The acceleration should have stages.

Maybe two or three timed stages of research. Once one ends the next is open for contribution to start next. This would allow for a varried reduction in reseach time based on interest, active members and possibly even short term goals for clans to motivate and reward membership, and not just give me something to do with my 62 feldron.

Expanding on the 'staging' idea:

After starting reseach and funding initial cost, 'hypothesis' stage would open for funding. Could be something like double bp cost as base (then normal clan multiplier). It has 12hr timer to be funded to reduce total research time by 12hrs. 

After it expires the 'experimentation' 12hr stage starts. Same funding as before.

12hrs later the final 'prototyping'.

Each fully funded stage would reduce reseach time by 12hrs. If all three are completed 36hrs, half time. 

If stage is not fully funded in time, spent resources are contributed towards next stage. If final stage isnt completed in time, resources are moved to clan vault.

Any feedback welcome.