Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Heading Down The Wrong Direction?

Nirb

I'll be expecting everything but new voice acting.

Sadly, me too.

But the voice acting and stuff is extremely necessary. They dont even need new voice actors, just more sound editing.

For example, its really. Really dumb that nomatter where you are, you just hear rebecca (lotus) making safety announcements on both grineer and corpus ships.

Instead they could modulate and make things sound more interesting, for example, corpus dont even speak english at all. They could have like a sort of warped grunting thing sound on the intercom in a seemingly intelligent manner on corpus tilesets.

On infested, they should have the voice of that tileset become garbled or cut off at random points or just simply give out. just sound broken and automated. It would fit the immersion of infested missions.

All this requires no extra voice actors.

Warframe needs more content quite badly.

They are adding more content. Yes, proper rooms for all mission types, proper bosses, and a variety of frames and weapons -- it's all "content".

I fail to see what is wrong here.

Look, I understand that they have different teams but the solution to that is so simple, focus more of your earnings on a new team and hire new people for that team. If its an arguement it's pretty stupid.

I've editted it accordingly, if this thread still lives the main things I want to see are

More outdoor areas

More warframe characterization

More voice acting (or immersion as Onite said)

I've editted it accordingly, if this thread still lives the main things I want to see are

More outdoor areas

More warframe characterization

More voice acting (or immersion as Onite said)

The first two DE is definitely either currently working on or have on their list. As for the more voice acting, I would greatly love to have it.

If in stream #9 we've met all animators for Warframe, I am amazed of how much content they could make in a year and a half of development. You really have no idea how hard modeling, animating or even designing is to request more content, when they already have promessed that in stream #10

I haven't been getting the impression of the player base as a whole having burnt out on the existing factions, tilesets and game modes yet. They should probably be saving such big additions for when people actually feel the need for them.

I agree though that they should perhaps slow down with the influx of new features and items and address the more pressing problems that maybe aren't that evident by themselves but keep surfacing in one way or another pretty much in every other thread.

Such as:

- Skill based gameplay versus gear based gameplay. Are we gonna see actual dodge/block mechanics with an actual meaningful impact on damage mitigation outside boss fights, or are we fine with the arms race of "kill them before they kill you" between the Tenno and the enemy (where the enemy always wins in the end unless you take cover and/or have a godmode ability).

- The issue of armor bypassing damage vs. every other damage type. A.k.a. are we fine with the current state of the matters where armor bypassing weapons are the de facto endgame while bullet weapons work only up to mid levels and then you grow out of them?

- The question of whether we want Defense to be the de facto benchmark of the game. A.k.a. do we balance things around potentially infinitely growing enemy levels (and thus want every frame to have a potentially infinitely scaling power designed to deal with a potentially infinite number of enemies, such as Vauban's Bastille or Frost's Snowglobe), or is there a level where we draw a line and say, 'Mobs of this level are the endgame, this is what we balance the game around and higher level mobs will exist in Defense only?'

Those are what I personally see as the biggest issues of balance in the game, and any new content will be necessarily tainted by those issues as well. So I'd like those to be sorted out before new, massive content additions are introduced.

But at the same time, I'm not holding my breath because from my experience, the probability of big changes to the core gameplay grows smaller and smaller as more and more content is added. And since adding content seems to be the main trend of the updates lately...

Look, I understand that they have different teams but the solution to that is so simple, focus more of your earnings on a new team and hire new people for that team. If its an arguement it's pretty stupid.

I'm not sure you realize what you're suggesting.  Hiring a new team of people is extremely risky, and not just from a financial point of view.  All of those new people need proper training and introductions.  Then, they either need to be formed up into a new team, or existing teams need to be reshuffled to accommodate new members.  If you group up all the new recruits together, they will be the weakest team, because they aren't going to have any of the specific knowledge of older members (things like who to talk to, what the priorities are, what the long-term goals and design philosophies are, etc.).  If you shuffle the new members into teams of more experienced developers, those veterans are going to have decreased productivity (they will be busy helping to orient the new members, and adjusting to the changes in team structure).  Either way, it's a mess. 

Processes like company growth need to be handled carefully and slowly.  Otherwise, that company will end up in chaos because nobody will know what is going on.