Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Common/uncommon Resources From Boss Drop Tables!

S5alad

Why is it that Hyena is still consistently dropping nano spores, ferrite, and fieldron samples more than it drops Control Modules?  Why does Vor drop Ferrite/Polymer Bundles/Detonite Ampules more than he drops Morphics?

You don't kill bosses to get common or uncommon materials.  You kill bosses to get Control Modules, Neural Sensors, Morphics, Neurodes, Gallium, and Orokin Cells.

The bosses should have definitive resources drops that make the time to run the worthwhile.  I don't even appreciate the changes made to the bosses because I have run them so many times; every single boss is heavily associated with overwhelming disappointment and the enjoyment of their mechanics and design is lost on me in the constant grind to get ever elusive rare resources to drop.

It's time to for a makeover, DE.  Put all the hard earned money we give you to work.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

Or you can do a planetside raid/spy/etc with Master Thief and get control mods that way.

Boss grining isn't the only way to get mats you know. And often lockers and endless infested defense yield better results.

Speaking of which, I hear Vaelfor is an infested defense on Europa, and that Europa has Control Mods AND Morphics in its resource table. As a bonus, you'll also end up with all of the rubedo you'll ever need, and zounds of tower keys- all the while gaining exp for mastery rank because all you really need for Infested Defense is a good melee weapon and base HP over 200.

Yeah the game's grindy. Beat the game at its own game. Grind everything at once.

noone force u to grind- u can now buy control modules with plat

At a wholly unreasonable price.  10 plat for a bundle of 3?  Sure.  10 plat for 1?  No.  And they reduced the drop tables to force players to pay for them as well.  The idea here is to match the price players would pay for an MMO, $15 a month, not alienate them with the grind wall or drain the bank accounts to make up for them rigging the system.

Or you can do a planetside raid/spy/etc with Master Thief and get control mods that way.

Boss grining isn't the only way to get mats you know. And often lockers and endless infested defense yield better results.

Speaking of which, I hear Vaelfor is an infested defense on Europa, and that Europa has Control Mods AND Morphics in its resource table. As a bonus, you'll also end up with all of the rubedo you'll ever need, and zounds of tower keys- all the while gaining exp for mastery rank because all you really need for Infested Defense is a good melee weapon and base HP over 200.

Yeah the game's grindy. Beat the game at its own game. Grind everything at once.

I'll give it a go.

At a wholly unreasonable price.  10 plat for a bundle of 3?  Sure.  10 plat for 1?  No.  And they reduced the drop tables to force players to pay for them as well.  The idea here is to match the price players would pay for an MMO, $15 a month, not alienate them with the grind wall or drain the bank accounts to make up for them rigging the system.

They didn't reduce the drop tables, the weekend thing was a glitch. During that it was basically impossible to get anything that WASN'T Control Neuro-Morph Cells..

Oh and I feel like I should note.... I honestly noticed no difference between post U9 and pre U9 Hyena outside of he took a few more clips from my vipers. Still not a hard solo. And I got more control mods from lockers that run than I did from anything else.

But then again, I did go in on my Banshee (potato + forma x5), and my vipers *are* potato'd and twice forma'd with r8 Hornet. The sad thing is my snidal could probably have done it faster lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly

They didn't reduce the drop tables, the weekend thing was a glitch. During that it was basically impossible to get anything that WASN'T Control Neuro-Morph Cells..

Oh and I feel like I should note.... I honestly noticed no difference between post U9 and pre U9 Hyena outside of he took a few more clips from my vipers. Still not a hard solo. And I got more control mods from lockers that run than I did from anything else.

But then again, I did go in on my Banshee (potato + forma x5), and my vipers *are* potato'd and twice forma'd with r8 Hornet. The sad thing is my snidal could probably have done it faster lol

And that's the issue right there.  "It's so simply to solo if you spend endless hours potatoing a powerful frame to solo it."  I love your logic.

And that's the issue right there.  "It's so simply to solo if you spend endless hours potatoing a powerful frame to solo it."  I love your logic.

Sorry, yeah I used strong stuff, but it was still a snooze for me using said strong stuff. That means moderately decent stuff on 2-4 people will also snooze, especially since you don't have to hold agro yourself for the entire fight, and you don't have to re-cut the shield because you reloaded (unless your entire party has to reload or regen their own shields at the exact same time).

So yes. It is simple to solo with very high end gears.

Who said you should be soloing it in not high-end gears. Bosses shouldn't be soloable with ease in the first place, even if you do have high-end weaponry.

And hell if you have Trinity you don't even NEED high end gears, as Link does all of the work for you. Or Loki and Ash, just stealth and lol at him. Or Frost, since because Snow Globe. Or Volt, because Electric Shield. None of those even require potatos to set up.

I solo'd him without issue on the sniper frame, pick something better designed for doing that sort of thing, and you will have the same result with less effort.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

someone's just dont understand jokes

its obvious that its stupid to buy resources with plat

though i agree that boss is not only(and not the best) way to farm "+1" mats

basically if you aim for something random u are vulnerable to dissapointment cause most of the time u wont get things that u want

just play the game resources will come at their time

"He that can have patience can have what he will." Benjamin Franklin

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." Aristotle

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - Time and Patience" Leo Tolstoy

Edited by Pro3Display

I have got more control modules from running the Raptor level, as common drops from containers.

To me, the drop rates have gone much higher. Sure its more difficult to get them from bosses, but now its viable to search them from ordinary missions that arent assassinations.

I have got more control modules from running the Raptor level, as common drops from containers.

To me, the drop rates have gone much higher. Sure its more difficult to get them from bosses, but now its viable to search them from ordinary missions that arent assassinations.

Same here.  I picked up 2 control mods yesterday from one container and nothing from Hyena, and I've had as many as 3 morphics drop in one run on War, with only 1 from boss.

Drop rates do seem better than pre-U9.

Loot everything!

Edited by Reithur

Oh look, more ferrite.  On my 14th run and not a single drop.

You know, the definition of insanity is expecting a different result when you do the exact same thing.

Maybe you should try looting everything instead of just boss rushing.

You know, like literally all of the repliers here suggested.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

In conclusion, less than 1 out of 20 runs results in a drop, less than 1 in 10 runs averages out to a Control Module, and only because of the double stack.

There's a bit of an issue here where in 21 runs I get one Control Module drop.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

I agree...Control Modules should drop more often than common materials if it's coming from a boss. I have the same issue with trying to get Orokin Cells, and Orokin Cells currently drop in single stack, which is even worse than Control Modules.

Edited by TrueShadow1

Personally I find tonight to be a real pain.  Trying to get the last few Control Modules I need.  I did Hyena 4 times, multiple runs of both Neptune and Europa.  I'm talking 7 hours of play and not one single Control Module, that is clearing the complete level everytime.

Now I enjoyed last weekend it was like christmas to finally be able to get rare resources, but I spent all my available time (which is very little, yes 7 hours today but thankfully only becuase the wife was sick and sleeping all day :)  ) getting Orokin Cells.  I knew the party would end once the weekend was over but I think someone at DE has over-corrected in the opposite direction again.  The CM drop rate is the worst I have ever seen.

I would love to see something in between what we had before update 9 and what was happening last weekend.  Maybe a CM every run or 2 on average.  (although that is closer to pre-U9 than last weekend.)