Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Common/uncommon Resources From Boss Drop Tables!

S5alad

I think bosses and their loot tables are fine.  I would much rather see void missions have some way of giving these rare resources, since that is an area of the game that is sorely lacking in repeatable rewards.

Edited by Turboski

I think bosses and their loot tables are fine.  I would much rather see void missions have some way of giving these rare resources, since that is an area of the game that is sorely lacking in repeatable rewards.

When was the last time you seriously grinded out some rare resources (Neurodes, CMs, Cells) AFTER they fixed the bugged fiesta?

When was the last time you seriously grinded out some rare resources (Neurodes, CMs, Cells) AFTER they fixed the bugged fiesta?

Give me alternatives.  I don't feel bosses should be the only viable place to find rare resources like they are and I don't support "fixing" them to encourage this either.

Evil RNG drop rates aside, what's wrong with 10 plat for 1 rare mat? That's 66 cents at regular price (with plat sales in various forms). If you're thinking of $15 a month as a comparison, what else did you buy that you could argue is a better value?

I'm not saying I drop 10 plat left and right for mats, but it's 66 cents at regular price. If you've got a coupon, took part in any Steam sales (if you play on Steam), or just thinking of how much plat you have left from being a founder, is 10 plat really too much?

I'm posing less of an argument and more of a reasoning of why 10 plat is too much. If it's a value proposition compared to how useful a potato is for 20 plat (I think potatoes for 20 plat are more than fair even at regular price), is half that price too much for 1 rare mat that you can use to craft a potato, 1/3rd of a frame, or a sentinel?

Edited by gell

The last 3 days, and let me tell you, I am sorely disappointed in the results.  Control Modules drop every 20 runs from Hyena, Neurodes drop alright, Orokin Cells are sporatic at best but the Plastids make up for it.  Gallium is a pain.

But mostly Control Modules.

I would like to see common/uncommon/research materials removed ENTIRELY from the boss drop tables, so that rare mods consistently drop.  We don't run bosses for ferrite or plastids, detonite ampules or polymer bundles, we run them for Control Modules, Neural Sensors, Morphics, Neurodes, Gallium, and Orokin Cells.  It's that simple.

The last 3 days, and let me tell you, I am sorely disappointed in the results.  Control Modules drop every 20 runs from Hyena, Neurodes drop alright, Orokin Cells are sporatic at best but the Plastids make up for it.  Gallium is a pain.

But mostly Control Modules.

I would like to see common/uncommon/research materials removed ENTIRELY from the boss drop tables, so that rare mods consistently drop.  We don't run bosses for ferrite or plastids, detonite ampules or polymer bundles, we run them for Control Modules, Neural Sensors, Morphics, Neurodes, Gallium, and Orokin Cells.  It's that simple.

Wasn't talkin' to you mang, was talking to the dude who said the drop rates are fine.

I missed the "raining rares weekend" and didn't get a chance to take advantage of it.

Anyway, I was under the impression that Nightmare mode gave increased rare mat drops? 

or is it still a pain in the &#! to get rare mats? 

Anyway, I was under the impression that Nightmare mode gave increased rare mat drops? 

or is it still a pain in the &#! to get rare mats? 

The only thing I'm aware of is that Nightmare mode gives one guaranteed rare mod, and it's a rare mod from a specific loots table of mods (no warframe abilities). Mods, not mats. It's been good to run nightmare mode for those things like Rending Strike. :)

But rare mats are still random from what I've seen.

The only thing I'm aware of is that Nightmare mode gives one guaranteed rare mod, and it's a rare mod from a specific loots table of mods (no warframe abilities). Mods, not mats. It's been good to run nightmare mode for those things like Rending Strike. :)

But rare mats are still random from what I've seen.

I see, I haven't played since U9 dropped so thats what I've gathered from the forums, so it could have easily have been wrong. 

Rather unfortunate then...... a bit unfair to those who didn't get to be around for the "raining rares" as well. Any other game would have likely rolled back something like that and/or fixed it to make it better for everyone in the future. 

They really do need to do something with mat drops, Nightmare mode would have been a nice opportunity.  

we get the point Swaggermeistress... you dont need to post each run in a separate post....

I'd have to agree... its frustrating to kill a boss and only get standard materials. I can see the reason why, makes farming them more undesirable but its still frustrating. 

I missed the "raining rares weekend" and didn't get a chance to take advantage of it.

Sucks that some of us work for a living, and some of us work on the weekends.

Rare mats are definitely still a pain.

Sucks that some of us work for a living, and some of us work on the weekends.

Rare mats are definitely still a pain.

And with that post, you just lost the respect you had for being annoyed with the drop rates. Don't EVER imply that other people don't work as hard as you, or even at all, just because you weren't around for what was a completely random mistake on the part of the devs. They didn't /intend/ for rare materials to drop in such a manner. Having been present for most of that strange, hilarious weekend, it went like this:

Saturday: Update hits, nearly every container, including ones in the Void, which never drop materials normally, is dropping some Ferrite, and /loads/ of Morphics, up to 3 in a stack.

Sunday: Hotfix to address the "Raining Morphics" bug. Unfortunately, while the Morphics and Ferrite drops are fixed, and Void missions are not dropping materials again, as is normal, nearly all material drops have become rare materials, and common materials are pretty hard to find. Uncommon materials are about as hard to find as Rare materials normally should be.

Monday: Everything fixed, or at least changed to how it was intended. However, after seeing it rain rare materials for a bit, the playerbase begins to realize that, especially with the addition of materials to the Market, they're being forced to either sit around playing bosses over and over again to get the rare drops, or spend ridiculous amounts of real money on the things. Not good.

It's time to for a makeover, DE.  Put all the hard earned money we give you to work.

Hey there,

as announced on the latest livestream, all enemy drop tables, not just bosses, are being reworked. Your feedback is valid, if a little pointless in that light. Since that process takes time, it'll be a bit until the new drop tables are in effect. Look for the patch notes. Sadly, I cannot tell you when exactly they'll go live, but they are coming. According to Scott, that's his primary project right now.

This and similar feedback has been received for a while now and is acknowledged and addressed by DE. Execution to follow.

In general: After this point, insulting each other and going "freeloader" and "you just don't want to work for it!" are uncalled for. No one needs such negativity. Back off, leave it, keep it.

You know, the definition of insanity is expecting a different result when you do the exact same thing.

Maybe you should try looting everything instead of just boss rushing.

You know, like literally all of the repliers here suggested.

- Einstein 

Hey there,

as announced on the latest livestream, all enemy drop tables, not just bosses, are being reworked. Your feedback is valid, if a little pointless in that light. Since that process takes time, it'll be a bit until the new drop tables are in effect. Look for the patch notes. Sadly, I cannot tell you when exactly they'll go live, but they are coming. According to Scott, that's his primary project right now.

This and similar feedback has been received for a while now and is acknowledged and addressed by DE. Execution to follow.

In general: After this point, insulting each other and going "freeloader" and "you just don't want to work for it!" are uncalled for. No one needs such negativity. Back off, leave it, keep it.

I hope there is a backpay reward of all the countless times I've run bosses and gotten commons, like my last 5 Hyena Runs.