Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Faction Warframe Skins

Trioxygen

I'm new here, so hello everyone.

As it appears to be, warframe in the game consists of two meshes - body and helmet - it can be seen if the camera is placed inside the head. We've seen lots of custom helmets - they are really well-designed (except, maybe, the 1st Saryn helmet :D).

The in-game market offers the player different weapons - Tenno-crafted shurikens and elegant fast swords, hi-tek Corpus arsenal with their unique visual style and parameters, ugly-beautiful Grineer semiorganic guns and blades, and even weapon made of the infested flesh.

My question - why only weapons?

After investigating many screenshots, arts and posters about Warframe, I suddenly realized for myself that I really love the Grineer soldiers uniform. As everything Grineer-connected, it's cheap, brutal and usually very massive. But still. this topic is not about it.

And yesterday I had an idea - it would be really cool if Tenno could customize their warframes with enemy factions armor elements that would add/boost certain stats to warframes with reduction to others. For example, each warframe could have two additional skins for his body that give them additional shield protection (corpus techs torso fiber hardener and life support systems) or additional armor (grineer chestguard with shoulder and neck protection plates). For each warframe such skins can be crafted individually (like helmets) and should bring certain advantages of faction equipment to the certain warframes. For example - need to run faster with your Volt - take the boots of fast running soldiers. Want to stay alive longer while catching bullets with yor Rhino - take the armor or shield generator. Need to strike the earth with shockwave - take the Moa rear engine and wind it on your hand :)

Something like that.

Sounds interesting, though since we really dont know how Warframes actually work, then this idea needs to be tweaked.

Sounds very RPG based, which is fine, but also would add an new element of randomness to the game, that could be unpredictable to your teammates. 

I strongly support the idea of having other replaceable parts of the frame. Namely: boots, gloves and torso piece. Not once I saw people complaining about Trinity's lobster tail. Not once I found myself turned by Mag's armforks, Volt's buttdaggers or Frost's kneecaps of doom. Objectively, I understand, that re-working existing frame models effectively draws the effort from creating new ones, but subjectively I long for replacing single attributes of this or that frame. I would freak out seeing Ash's dull butt having a long, thin tail with energy dots. I would flip to see Banshee without her Choo Choo Shoes. So, yeah, that's the idea I would thumb all the way up if given a chance.

As I think, having Tenno-crafted 1337 ninja equipment is too luxuriously for the rest of the ancient race of uber people who are fighting for survival in a great war. If Tenno use the enemy weapons to kill enemies faster, why don't they use the enemy armor to protect themselves from enemy weapons? Why don't they reprogram Corpus osprey drones to make sentinels? Why don't they make sentinels from Grineer spy drones?

And yes - if to be honest, I really want to make my warframes look like Grineer, not only me of course))

About having different replaceable pieces of armor - that's the best thing that can be imagined here, though separating warframe into more pieces can cause bugs and some difficulties with game perfomance. But, as I know, Valve corporation, for example, uses the technology that sews the multiple meshes of armor and weapons into a single mesh while DOTA 2 is loading the level or somewhen else - it makes that game run faster. At least, the body is same replaceable as helmet, and new skins for old warframes are quite a real thing to be realized - it only needs new content.

Edited by Trioxygen