Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey DE, Can We Please Have Other Options To Obtain Kuva?

(PSN)InstantParty_030

All I keep hearing is "give us more kuva so we can roll those rivens faster"

Seriously, not even a single comment is actually suggesting alternate options of gaining kuva. They are all focused on just stuffing it into reward rotations and resource drops of regular missions so you can get lucky and get more kuva passively while you farm other stuff.

That said, perhaps some degree of variety to kuva missions is indeed in order. Perhaps different kinds of siphons, requiring you to destroy each one different way? Maybe alternate setups of the kuva guard so you dont face the same enemies on each siphon? It is pretty much the endgame now and I understand that it can become monotonous task after a while.

Just keep in mind the hunting for kuva must be a deliberate decision and there is only so much kuva DE wants you to be able to acquire in a certain timeframe in predictable manner. DE will not change these rules. Doing so would only diminish the value of it.

Edited by -skimmer-

On 8/24/2017 at 1:16 PM, -skimmer- said:

All I keep hearing is "give us more kuva so we can roll those rivens faster"

Seriously, not even a single comment is actually suggesting alternate options of gaining kuva. They are all focused on just stuffing it into reward rotations and resource drops of regular missions so you can get lucky and get more kuva passively while you farm other stuff.

That said, perhaps some degree of variety to kuva missions is indeed in order. Perhaps different kinds of siphons, requiring you to destroy each one different way? Maybe alternate setups of the kuva guard so you dont face the same enemies on each siphon? It is pretty much the endgame now and I understand that it can become monotonous task after a while.

Just keep in mind the hunting for kuva must be a deliberate decision and there is only so much kuva DE wants you to be able to acquire in a certain timeframe in predictable manner. DE will not change these rules. Doing so would only diminish the value of it.

I could see a couple of methods to get Kuva and using current mechanisms.

1. Kuva Extraction: Like mobile defense, the players guard a terminal in the Kuva fortress in an effort to change the flow of raw kuva.  After a certain time the players could get a Kuva reward and then go to the next terminal in the fortress.  To make sure that there is enough reward, rotation C could offer a large 1000+ kuva drop.

2. Kuva Hijack:  A large shipment of raw Kuva has just come in and it is the Teno's mission to hijack it.  Pretty standard Hijack mission, but getting the Hijack target to extraction means the players get Kuva.

Maybe if the Riven system wasn't such a huge RNG grind fest and poorly implemented to put the most powerful mods in the game behind a near-impossible RNG wall or money wall for those who pay plat (which DE gets money from which is why they won't change the system), people wouldn't complain as much.

The root problem is not how little Kuva you get, but how much you have to sink into the pile of trash that is the Riven system to get something worthwhile out of it after doing sorties for weeks before finally getting something for a weapon worth using.

We need to look at what is causing the complaints, not always just directly address the complaints themselves.

Edited by Mr._Clean

16 minutes ago, Mr._Clean said:

Maybe if the Riven system wasn't such a huge RNG grind fest and poorly implemented to put the most powerful mods in the game behind a near-impossible RNG wall or money wall for those who pay plat (which DE gets money from which is why they won't change the system), people wouldn't complain as much.

The root problem is not how little Kuva you get, but how much you have to sink into the pile of trash that is the Riven system to get something worthwhile out of it after doing sorties for weeks before finally getting something for a weapon worth using.

We need to look at what is causing the complaints, not always just directly address the complaints themselves.

Oh that is easy, the root of the problem is the thing the loath the most...RNG.  Since the Ambulas event when they showed that instead of having to grind for RNGesus to grant us the mod we desired, we could just get tokens and pay.  I have had the thought to so the same with Sorties.

Each Sortie run earns the player an amount of tokens.  Each day, a list of rewards rotates kind of like Baro Ki'Teer.  Save your points, then buy what you please.  This way there is no RNG, you get what you want when you get a chance to buy it and the rotation can include things like...vaulted relics, rare mods, etc.  I get the idea behind using RNG...but you can make a fair system that rewards doing sorties with out it also and do it in a way that promotes play over time just as RNG does.