The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe random stuttering during gameplay

MillbrookWest

Been sitting on this for a while, i assumed it is a known thing as the demo for PoE exhibited the exact same thing at times. However, it's beginning to be a bit of an annoyance mid-mission when the game randomly stutters. I tried to see if i could find a common culprit, however i have no luck, anything from doors opening, to getting a headshot triggers it (may be a spot loading issue?). Can make it go crazy on Venus though as the attached video shows.

Below is a graph of frame-time over time(250ms interval), and a video of a completely separate run from about a month back (Still Uploading...). A fresh EE.log of another completely unrelated run is also available if need be, however there is no input in chat to locate stutters (will need a new run for that one).   

20170828-warframeframv2s46.png

As you can see from this very short, ~3min capture run on Venus, the stutters are almost 200ms! The average frame time is probably ~10-12ms.

EDIT:

^A note for posterity: Although the video has been edited to condense it to just the relevant points, there is no difference between the video above, and the source file. There are no rendering errors adding in things that aren't there.

Edited by MillbrookWest