The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Consistent Memory Leak

Makaiton

Hello DE, et all!

Since beginning playing (again; had a short break) a month or so ago, I noticed that I've got a memory leak on my hands. After a good bit of testing (and a lot of expletives thrown at Task Manager), I've determined that my RAM utilization problem is coming from Warframe. Depending on what I've done in game and how long I've had the game open, when shutting down Warframe I'll find my RAM is not reallocated for use.

To be clear, I'm generally not having performance issues when Warframe is open unless I've been playing for more than five hours. If I want to quickly exacerbate the memory leak, I can simply repeatedly open and close Warframe to get the effect; with each close, I lose a permanent (until reboot) 3-7% RAM utilization.

Current rig is as follows:

GTX 1060 6GB
Intel i7-6700K @4 GHz
15.96 GB RAM
Windows 10

Any ideas how to tackle the memory leak? It's not a big deal--I can always just restart my computer. Still, it's an issue, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Obvious questions that somebody would've asked anyway:

-Did you notice the leak a month ago? (duh)

-Did you update your drivers in the meantime?

Try logging in as corpus.outbreak and after some time screen the Task Manager. This is basically "how bad is it?"

You might also want to post your gpu driver version

Yay! Answers:

--I *did* notice the leak a month ago, I just hadn't tracked it down to Warframe at that time. I like to be sure before I start pointing fingers at Devs.

--I tend to update my drivers regularly, just allowing Nvidia to give me it's intrusive "Hey, it's time to update your drivers," message.

--Driver version 385.41

I'm not super worried about how my PC is doing during the game. It literally takes about 80% RAM utilization before I begin to get any serious system chugging. I just don't like the inconvenience of having to restart my system when I wouldn't otherwise have to.