Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SERIOUSLY GRENADES? SERIOUSLY?

Cyler

Individually Jackal's grenades don't seem to do alot of damage. The problem is instead of tossing 1 grenade it launches a sprayed volley of like 20 of them so you end up getting hit by multiple grenades all at once.

Grineer bosses I only see use grenades in extremely rare occasions unless you're staying in 1 spot in cover far too long.

There are several problems with grenades.

1.)Incredibly hard to spot in middle of action

2.)Incredibly high dmg

3.)Almost instant detonation

4.)Too high area of effect (Jackals especially, they cover more than half of room)

5.)No friendly fire (I mean, seriously, Corpus will just detonate grenade on his feet and walk away from it, while I, a nigh-unkillable space ninja with strongest gear in known universe will be instantly killed. gg.)

Fixing either 1.) or 2.), and then in addition either one between 3.), 4.) and 5.) would be more than sufficient nerf to make grenades less annoying and more suited to the game.

well been a while since I last killed Earth's boss but also didnt knew he throw granades at you lols it's true that the granades are hard to be spoted in the middle of fight but it's kinda easy to notice when the enemy is going to throw it so 1 bullet may avoid it but gotta hit -.-' the best way to avoid those is to never stay still in the same spot nor move slowing while fighting!

as for Jackal... welll he's a bastard indeed, back when I was farming him I was always paying attention to the sound, yes, the sound played by the "circle of granades" that Jackal throw at you is a instant kill so yeah careful if you stay close to melee his legs -.-

Actually the thing jackal does that kills people usually is someone stays still too long near a pillar. So he sprays them at range roughly in a 180 degree arc in a double thick line. The further away the person was he fired them at the more spread they land. The individual radius on those grenades isnt huge either. When you got them dropped at his feet you can run out of the blast range if you react in time after hearding the sound of them being launched.

Grenades are the single threatening attack in this game. With upwards of 600 damage starting at level one and scaling in no visable way. As for Jackal, he is supposed to spray 12 grenades, the further the distance the further the spread. If Jackal is even standing long enough to fire his grenades, then something is wrong.

The grenade's kind of kill the point of melee oh wait bang dead unless you are in the Rhino frame an have Iron skin on at the right time you are just dead if the grenade some how fails to kill the boss is going to shoot/melee you dead a half second later.

There needs to be some thing done about them mostly since the game just seems to have melee as pointless weapons for show as how ever you build around using melee its all ways lack luster and adding instant death melee traps is just silly.

The game just needs some sound notification letting you know that a nade is coming.

I was doing Hyena once and i was near the entrance of the fighting room and a freaking dude from way behind me threw one and killed me.

Dying to nades like that is really bad.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Grenades do need some tweaking, you cant see them coming and they explode instantly the moment they land near you

For people with 500+ shields its not a big deal, but its not fun for low level players

My excal has 530 shields and 470 life in his current config, but he is literally taken down to somewhere between 22 and 71 life from full HP when a grenade goes off.

The grenades need a trail so you know where they are going at least. I mean really; you see a super quick animation from a grineer and have no idea the direction of the grenade, and if you're in the thick of combat and miss it, well, sucks to be you. That is a bullS#&$ mechanic and is not fair to the player. Heck even if they say grenade or some understandable command that could warn the players it would be acceptable.