Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxins Should Not Damage The Pod

3XT3RM1NATUS

Because it:

1) makes no sense

2) even if you manage to kill an Ancient quckly remaining toxins will damage the pod and instakill it on higher levels.

inb4 l2p and don't let Toxics get to the pod comments.

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

Yes, I'd change that if I could.

You can change it.

And all I'm really hearing is QQ, and this is from someone who plays with no Vauban to keep the Toxic Ancients off the pod. 

Honestly, I think if they get close enough to the pod to start doing what they're meant to do, though. 

Definitely get where you're coming from though. It's really damn annoying when you kill it at the pod only to fail even though you killed it. But hey, those are the mechanics.

Edited by Haldark

You can change it.

And all I'm really hearing is QQ, and this is from someone who plays with no Vauban to keep the Toxic Ancients off the pod. 

Honestly, I think if they get close enough to the pod to start doing what they're meant to do, though. 

Yes, QQ, only noobs complain about cheap-&#! game mechanics. 

Well, not that many games have logic, but maybe it is more than toxin? Maybe acid? I am fine with it either way. It makes it so Vauban's 3 is not, 'LOL silly space zombie come at me I got all day', at least at higer levels.

Edited by TehMario

Well, not that many games have logic, but maybe it is more than toxin? Maybe acid? I am fine with it either way. It makes it so Vauban's 3 is not, 'LOL silly space zombie come at me I got all day', at least at higer levels.

Do you really think that necessity of having ONE of FOURTEEN Waframe to prevent the pod from being insta-killed is a good game design?

You have vauban with bastille, Loki with the switch teleport, Mag with the pull ability, you can focus on killing them first.

I think its good how it is now.

l2p :O

These words are obviously coming from a noob who never went past wave 20 on Xini.

Loki switch TP? Have you ever seen how many ancients are there? As for pull - it is a suicide since you will be killed by toxins after you pull a group of ancient. Vauban and Banshee are a viable choices, but again, having 2 Warfames which can counter toxics is wrong. Same with Snow Globe vs other factions. 

Go do some research before posting BS, poser.

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

Do you really think that necessity of having ONE of FOURTEEN Waframe to prevent the pod from being insta-killed is a good game design?

They are ALL good. Some can clear, some can defend. But Vauban's 3 is just good with any team comp. It gives you time to clear. But using your logic, you have to have Vauban or it is GG. How do you think people made it to wave 30+ on Xini before Vauban?

Edited by TehMario

They are ALL good. Some can clear, some can defend. But Vauban's 3 is just good with any team comp. It gives you time to clear. But using your logic, you have to have Vauban or it is GG. How do you think people made it to wave 30+ on Xini before Vauban?

Nyx. And besides, I played with him a lot and most of the times we made to 30+ without Vauban or Nyx but enemies in this game are cheap retards. I got hit a few times by knock-down Ancient or those that arent even look at me. Care to explain those? 

I know how and I did it, however Toxic were and still are a cheap game mechanic. Even if it is -okay- for keeping players away, it is unacceptabe since it just one-shots a pod on higher levels.

So the infested are supposed to be a faction that is pure melee and the only way they can win is if they run up, sucker punch you and pray there is no Vauban? No. Every faction has a counter to each Warframe. Deal with it. *abandons thread*

Edited by TehMario

There's quite a bit of idiocy/troll in here, but i agree with your post. how does the pod take damage from the poison/toxic? Now if the poison seeps through and the body inside takes damage, then ok. If the core, an inanimate object, takes damage from poison/toxic... how? In the end they need to rename them acidic ancients or take that toxic mechanic of dealing damage to inanimate objects out. Or explain how the toxic part of those mobs work. Normally toxins don't affect inanimate objects so why do these?

Had to add this after reading some extra comments. While I'd like things to make sense, it is not a necessity. This is a game and naturally things don't have to make sense, but if it did... that'd be nice. I'd like things to be cordial, but this being the internet and all.. I know that isn't possible.

Edited by DKage

There's quite a bit of idiocy/troll in here, but i agree with your post. how does the pod take damage from the poison/toxic? Now if the poison seeps through and the body inside takes damage, then ok. If the core, an inanimate object, takes damage from poison/toxic... how? In the end they need to rename them acidic ancients or take that toxic mechanic of dealing damage to inanimate objects out. Or explain how the toxic part of those mobs work. Normally toxins don't affect inanimate objects so why do these?

Had to add this after reading some extra comments. While I'd like things to make sense, it is not a necessity. This is a game and naturally things don't have to make sense, but if it did... that'd be nice. I'd like things to be cordial, but this being the internet and all.. I know that isn't possible.

u left out 1, toxin might be consider as " Acid" to WF