Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Maps, Wall Running Only Becomes Tragic At Best...

MajorLeakage

With the one way only wall running to get to the objective combined with the fickle nature of wall running controls make for poor gameplay...

Reward those that do, give an option to those that don't.

Understanding that Nova can help but you dont always have one handy...

You have any example of a map/spot where you must use only wallrun to continue?

From what I know there is always a normal way without doing any sort of crazy tricks in a map. You said only about going to objective, not about finding secret spots or "speed run" sections in voids because they are as you said, rewards for those who can and an option for those who can't.

Edited by Neruell

Lool I see you just did the Vauban alert. I thought it was hilarious. Three of the members of my team (including me) completely lost and without knowing how to go to the exit xD 

I think these kinds of maps are cool actually because it makes you use the parkour feature of the game which does not have a required use (you can pretty much do every mission without wallrunning and such). Because of that, when I went to Orokin Void (mainly those secret rooms which require agility and parkour skills) I felit like a complete noob at wallrunning. This is because we barely use it. So, these new rooms with wallrunning are very cool but I do understand that we need alternative paths because, for exemple, if one of our members and I would not have been able to climb up the walls and reach the exit, we would never have been able to complete the mission.

You have any example of a map/spot where you must use only wallrun to continue?

There are several. Grineer maps come to mind: the circular rooms with central platform and you have to traverse the place both vertically and horizontally. They REALLY bug me. To be honest, I hate all this "parkour" nonsense that is in this game. The controls are so clunky, it's infuriating at times...

And I know it's supposed to look cool for the space ninja feeling and all, but when the whole squad of elite ninjas just keep falling to their deaths and jump around like idiots, that doesn't look very cool to me.

I'm going to assume you're talking about the Grineer tile where there is a cylindrical room which, at first glance, appears to require a spiral wall run path to traverse. This is probably the "hardest" wall run of the new tiles. The secret is that there is a "normal" path which is pretty straightfoward, just look around the entrance to that tile, all you have to do in this path is walk. 

Paths that look difficult to traverse with parkour mechanics always have an alternative path. Of course, this excludes optional "secret" rooms.

Edited by Bockceast

I'm going to assume you're talking about the Grineer tile where there is a cylindrical room which, at first glance, appears to require a spiral wall run path to traverse. This is probably the "hardest" wall run of the new tiles. The secret is that there is a "normal" path which is pretty straightfoward, just look around the entrance to that tile, all you have to do in this path is walk.

Paths that look difficult to traverse with parkour mechanics always have an alternative path. Of course, this excludes optional "secret" rooms.

I think the rooms being referred to are the ones with the column going from floor to ceiling. Around the middle there is a walkway going around it and a small room inside with containers. The entrances to the room are above and below the walkway level.

From the side: E = Entrance, W = Walkway, C = column

E--C--E

--WWW--

E--C--E

If you enter from a lower entrance and need to leave from a higher one, you need to wallrun up a pipe on the side of the entrance. At the top of the pipe you need to jump to the walkway. From the walkway you need to jump to a second pipe on the wall and then wallrun up that to the upper entrance.

The only one that really bothers me is the one on the grineer asteriod with the box you can jump on and the door that can only be accessed from one side. Most of the time it's fin but sometimes the doors will be locked in such a way that you need to either be VERY lucky, have a dual zoren or a nova, or a very fast frame.

There are several. Grineer maps come to mind: the circular rooms with central platform and you have to traverse the place both vertically and horizontally. They REALLY bug me. To be honest, I hate all this "parkour" nonsense that is in this game. The controls are so clunky, it's infuriating at times...

And I know it's supposed to look cool for the space ninja feeling and all, but when the whole squad of elite ninjas just keep falling to their deaths and jump around like idiots, that doesn't look very cool to me.

Agreed!