Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accommodating Different Play Styles

FierceRadiance

14 hours ago, zornyan said:

Basically the main thing is, you want to waste time, stand around and open every box/kill every enemy.

most of us want the reward for the alert, adding another 1k salvage to my pile of 10 million is just a waste of time, and can easily turn a 5 minute mission into a 15 minute mission and it’s not like those extra 10 minutes give us anything ? 20 more kills won’t even get 1 more rank on your weapon, and stockpiling a ton of common resources that aren’t even needed late game is literially just a waste of time.

just play solo if you want to play a slow game of open every locker, but most of us want to play space ninjas bullet jumping around, killing everything then leaving.

Hmm. What you dismissively call 'wasting time', I call 'playing Warframe'.

From your comment, you appear to disregard every aspect of the mission other than gaining the reward at the end as just 'wasting time', when those things are the reason why I personally enjoy playing Warframe. And you speak of a 15-minute mission as though it's bad or wrong in some way, or as though running the same mission in 5 minutes is somehow better, or more desirable. It's not. It's just a different way of playing the game. Yes, you're certainly free to rush through the mission, essentially ignoring everything other than the reward. Many people play that way. But that doesn't make it the "right" way to play, just "your" way of playing. I'm not wrong for playing the mission differently than you, and because neither of our playstyles is "right" or "better -just different- IMHO neither of us should have to put up with the other, if a way can be implemented that allows us to avoid inconveniencing each other. The 'block' system I envision allows for exactly that, and nothing more.

Put another way, wouldn't you prefer to avoid getting stuck in a mission with me, opening every locker, if you could just click a button and never have to put up with me again?

And BTW, if "most" people actually did spend the time to kill most or all of the enemies in a given mission, I'd be happy to play with "most" players. But in MY experience "most" players who rush missions just run like hell to the end WITHOUT killing enemies. Often I'll finish a mission with 25 or 30 kills and have double the total of all my teammates' kills combined.

If your idea of playing WF is simply ignoring most of what the developers worked hard to put into the game, just so you can collect the sparklie at the end of the mission and race off to chase some other sparklie.....then you and I have a different idea of what it means to "play" a video game. I'm not right, nor are you wrong...but I sure as hell don't agree with you.