Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Moves, No Payoff

Gruia

The melee special moves, have a pretty low payoff, except for the jump smash one.

lets start with the charged slash.. it really doesn't pay to do it, 1 you are vulnerable to hits, while if you hit AI, he gets staggered, Plus the actual damage = the one you output in normal hits, maybe a bit more.

Expected result > Bigger range about x1.5 and a bit more damage 30%. Maybe add a bit of stun / bash chance as well

Now the biggest problem, with the sprint slash. It has the highest difficulty curve , it hits on a narrow area, and small damage.

- increase AOE twice I'd say.

-increase damage.

- increase the chance to knock down. (it barely occurs - 10% ?)

Also a bug I think. There is 0.5seconds at the start of the spin, that the move doesn't do damage. It happens a lot, when u press it just as you pass an AI, and it does nothing.

Also, style points should be added, or counted. when you fire while gliding and stuff like that.

Edited by Gruia

Charge attacks and slide attack are the only ones worth using, lol. Why the hell would you reward "combos" and "special moves" anyway, this isn't DMC. The only reason you should do something in this game is because it is more efficient, not because of some "badass points".

Its an RPG, you level up, you want POINTS. that's why you have that bonus at the start for doing S#&$. Does that look efficient?

Spinning in air 15 times to melee an enemy looks inefficient to me.

Edit: speaking of RPGs, I don't usually see ones with style points... Besides this is hardly an RPG. That's like saying GTA is an RPG because you earn money to unlock stuff. Yeah, you level equipment to 30, so what about Call Of Duty? Is that an RPG because you have levels?

Edited by Rhorge

1) just what freakin' weapon are you using? Because some weapons are BUILT around beating the crap outta grineer (Kogake) others around their charge damage (Hate) and some are just GODLY (Orthos)

2) What freakin' MODS do you place on your melee?

Are you mathematically challenged? A charge attack is not even close to "slightly" stronger than a normal attack it is SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER especially when you use some charge mods im sorry but you must be trolling...

It's odd you point out charge attacks as not worth doing when they are currently probably the only melee attacks worth doing 99% of the time. They do major damage compared to a regular attack, and even more so after you get some mods in. This may be more true of heavy melee weapons, but it's also true of most lighter swords that are single or multi attack. For reference, check the wiki to see the damage numbers, or do your own tests with some screenshots or video. Charge attacks do way more damage (depends on the weapon, but e.g. the gram does 200 charge while a single hit is 40, and those are just base values with no crits).

DE has already been tweaking the charged melee anims though. Geoff mentioned them a few times. The anims will change as you repeatedly charge melee, since everyone uses charging exclusively, save for a few unique weapons like the kogake.

As for feedback, I think the numbers could be a bit larger (maybe changeable in options), but that's only due to getting covered up by VFX sometimes. Otherwise, big bold numbers could get annoying fast.

Few things wrong with what you have said here:

Charge attacks are worth a lot more than a normal attack. A normal attack may hit for 50 points, mitigated by your targets armor, while a charge attack will hit for 200, and be armor ignore meaning it'll deal that damage regardless of your targets armor.

Second, depending on the weapon you are using the sprint -> slide -> attack hits a much larger area *and* deals more damage than a standard attack, but not a charge attack. Further it will protect you against a large number of knockdowns.

Edited by Tsukinoki

im barely level 2 (24), using default sword for MAG. For me its not worth it atm..

have a electric mod on sword. I just use the sprint hit for the cool points, otherwise find them both useless.

not sure what ur scenarios are, but in mine they don't amount to much

im barely level 2 (24), using default sword for MAG. For me its not worth it atm..

have a electric mod on sword. I just use the sprint hit for the cool points, otherwise find them both useless.

Exactly. I don't mean to be rude but with your weapon experience you don't really know the optimal tactics and setups.

Exactly. I don't mean to be rude but with your weapon experience you don't really know the optimal tactics and setups.

I'll be rude if it gets the point across. Try out more weapons, level your gear up, learn more about the game through experience and THEN tell us if your point still stands. As it is, you've only just scratched the surface of this game.