Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well Im New And...

TheTwan

Question

im sure there have been millions upon millions of threads like this but yes i am a new player trying to find his perfect warframe. i got the starter pack and i planned on getting rhino after watching all the crash course videos because i wanted to be a fat brawler type character. however apparently his abillity to become invinsible has been nerfed since the videos were made. since the videos were made like a few months ago im figuring there was some sort of patch that changed some of the warframes. so basically i want to know what major changes like the one that happened to rhino took place over the last few months

7 answers to this question

for your sake, iron skin got an equal buff to its nerf.

instead of it being in invincibility with a timer, its now an over shield that lasts until it runs out to which you re-apply your over shield.

hes still as epic as ever.

Rhino's Invincibility is terrible on high levels now, but it's decent on low levels. His other skills are more useful now. He is quite good, and I still love him. Just go for him if you want a big brawling bad &#! brute.

Iron skill is still very good in the mid levels (30-50), you can go melee heavy grineer and shrug the damage off.

The skill is as awesome as ever, just recast when it wears off. But you gotta know your limits too, it's just a hard damage cap.

Iron Skin took a nerf but you can spam it and reactive it as soon as it wears off. It doesn't have a timer now so you can use cover and what not to prolong if you'd like.

His other skills got a buff though. 

If you want a big, slow brawler, there is nothing better than Rhino. Any complaints you hear about Rhino being weak are ridiculous; he doesn't have effectively permanent god mode as he did before U8, but he is a great frame all around, and is definitely the most capable at wading into a crowd and surviving toe-to-toe with the heavier enemies.

As for the changes that have been made, here's the short version:

1) As mentioned above, his invincibility has effectively been replaced by an "overshield" mechanic that protects him from all damage and knockback while it's up; it goes down after absorbing a fixed amount of damage.

2) His two similar "hit the ground hard to deal damage and CC" were rolled into one, Rhino Stomp, which now does a significant amount of damage and CCs anything it doesn't kill for quite some time.

3) He now has a huge group damage buff, making him an extremely valuable asset to a team beyond his CC capabilities.