Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Think Level Scaling May Need Just A Few Adjustments:

RealityMachina

EDIT: Better charts currently in the middle of being made in my spare time. They will be linked here accordingly.

Health value comparison, separated by factions: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84656-so-i-think-level-scaling-may-need-just-a-few-adjustments/#entry932672

Armour value comparison, separated by factions: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84656-so-i-think-level-scaling-may-need-just-a-few-adjustments/#entry935015

END EDIT

[Elite Grineer Lancer, accidentally left out the name. Also, ignore all damage values in the following images, a friend told me after I made most of these that the damage enemies can do aren't on the same scale the player version of their weapons use. Derp.]

p2ttmcxv.nsz.png

(Maximum of 1000 used for y value range,)

ok24qmdt.l2m.png

(Maximum of 1000 used)

rugm5sue.fvy.png

(Maximum of 1500 used)

unanvdhz.wk4.png

(Maximum of 3000 used)

qn0o3khb.e4o.png

(Maximum of 4000 used)

ggt2pszs.d5y.png

(Maximum of 10000 used)

I mean, I used 10000 for the ancient disruptor because I was getting curious as to exactly what sort of value it would take before I could see how high health would get at level 100 for a heavy enemy.

As you can all see, that wasn't high enough.

I'm starting to see exactly why level 30ish areas like Kappa are popular farming spots. You get decent amounts of XP, without having to go through "Bullet Sponge 2: More Bullets, More Spongier" that is basically the rest of the areas that are higher in terms of level.

Edited by RealityMachina

Thought it was bad but this is astoundingly unbalanced I mean at the least the XP scaling could be changed easily if DE don't want to sacrifice difficulty but there is almost no reward except the challenge for playing against level 50 plus enemies.

Edited by silversponge

I reached wave 40 on xini recently (lvl +150 enemies), this gives me an idea on how much damage we need to do to kill them.

My mind blows if i think of wave 100 (do not know lvl), i'm sure many got to that point, it's just insane to do that much damage.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

The most egregious thing about this scaling is the fact that by comparison, most warframe abilities focused on dealing damage max out in the 800 to 1000 damage range when the power cards hit maximum rank.

And not that many of them ignore armour either.

Edited by RealityMachina

So, good news and bad news.

Good news is that I figured out the general maximum for the ancients health, 22000 or so:

xxgttxqt.xzn.png

Bad news is that I underestimated the other faction's heavy units a tad:

4hpewqhe.tzr.png

gesxelt4.x25.png

izbghidl.1kw.png

(Level goes to 140, health goes up to 22000.)

I'll do another set of these charts with armour values with the same maximums and minimums. (Since I feel like my first charts were a bit too dirty and I want to do a consistent series of charts this time around.)

Edited by RealityMachina

everyone said, "no there's no bullet sponges in the game, you're just crazy, l2p!"

Well who's crazy now, huh?! who needs to l2p now?!

In all seriousness though this is horrid, bad game design at it's finest, just the fact that this was even acceptable by DE is like a maelstrom of dissapointment to me.

Also this begs the question to me now... how much health, shields, and armor does Kril have at maxed level?

Edited by impulse42

Armour values, used a maximum of 5000 since 22000 just smushed everything together:

rmoq4gch.yap.png

nbyzjks0.p5y.png

u1d5xqdr.0xp.png

d3b3243i.vz0.png

To give an example of how armor exactly works, let's take that 570 damage Hek mentioned earlier and fire it at an ancient disruptor who has an armor level of...let's say 2000. Around level 100 or so.

The damage after armour formula works like this: d836a69c32eacfba4d0eb5ee05d0a774.png

So 570*100/(2000+100) = 27 points of damage done.

But, let's say we add a max rank flechette to this Hek. While we still do 27 points of damage in regular damage, the AP elemental damage should amount to something more.

The following is the formula for elemental damage: Elemental Damage done = (weapon damage) * (1 + moda value) * (modb value) * (100 / (target armor + 100)) * (damage type mp) * (special spot mp)

(Definitions for mod a, damage tye MP, etc can be found here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Damage)

So 570 * (1 + 90%) * (90%) = 975 or so rounded up.

So thus something that would have taken 444 shots or so from our Hek to kill now only takes 12. So just 2 to 3 magazines rather than the "I hope you have a lot of shotgun ammo gear" it was before.

On the other hand that's two to three magazines for a Hek. And from my experience with missions like T3 void defense, one is going to have to buff his Hek even further if he wants a chance of completing it. (That or bring certain warframes which have abilities that are still useful despite the absurd scaling.)