-750 salvage

-500 plastids

-1100 alloy

duel skana takes

-2 morphics

-900 salvage

-850 ferrite

-80 alloy

now if we quickly do the math or even look at both and compare.. well we see that making the skana is more bs than making the afuris! what is this crap! see now i sold this when i was brand spanking new around level 18 or something and now i must make it again for i am leveling everything up (i will get this at the very end) however with the prices the way they are.. i might just say screw it!

it takes soooo much more and you get less.. now lets say that duel skana (2 skana's!!!!) had 1 or the other reqs.. either 2x the first or half of the other.. duel skana takes about 1/4 the time as the single skana! and the fist skana is the starting wep!!!

the other 2 starting weps are creds.. and pay for my mistake when i just freaking started? lol thats funny... not!

how in the hell would i know that 1 skana would take an arm and a leg to get back. and 2 that i would have to relevel the whole thing! i guess the tutorial would help me with that .. o wait.. the tutorial was a pos that helped me aim (really!)

Three morphics is not an arm and a leg.

You can always build a different, probably way more useful, weapon for leveling purposes, unless you've already built everything else...in which case three morphics will be a trivial expense.

Also, dual and duel are very different words.

Edited by Saenol

My biggest beef with Skana and Dual Skana is because they as a whole suck but cost so much to build.

Look at DHS / Dual Ether and compared it to Dual Skana.

Morphics = Mercury drop.

Polymer bundles = Mercury drop

Ferrite = Mercury drop

The only thing is Salvage that drops on Mars.

Guess what Dual Skana needs that as well.

DHS offers a straight DPS increase, equal DPS charge (with DHS offering greater damage while Dual Skana greater speed) and a Polarity.

Not to mention it's fire based AOE is pretty large and with mods, it can make a decent AOE blast against low to mid range infested since infested on fire makes them panic.

Dual Ether costs 3 Morphics but given that you need a decent amount of salvage and Morphics are more commonly dropped on Mars, you will get it.

But it gives a straight DPS increase, armor ignore and equal charged DPS (Dual ether charges slower but it swings faster so it's the same).

So what is the dual skana good for ??!

Edited by fatpig84

Tenno, master of gun and sword, but not manufacturing their own starting weapons :/

Tenno, and their starting weapons, are ancient relics of a long dead civilization.

If I wake up from a cryopod to a post apocalyptic dystopia, thousands of years after everything I was familiar with has turned to ash, I doubt I will be able to just walk into Walmart and pick up a new shotgun.

Also, knowing how to use a weapon is vastly different from manufacturing one from scratch. Most soldiers can disassemble, clean, and service their weapons, but very few of them could make one from scratch.

Tenno, and their starting weapons, are ancient relics of a long dead civilization.

If I wake up from a cryopod to a post apocalyptic dystopia, thousands of years after everything I was familiar with has turned to ash, I doubt I will be able to just walk into Walmart and pick up a new shotgun.

Also, knowing how to use a weapon is vastly different from manufacturing one from scratch. Most soldiers can disassemble, clean, and service their weapons, but very few of them could make one from scratch.

Given that Lotus can put credit version of weapons means that at least she still do have to know hows to mass produce some equipment (lex Lato, most braton variants etc).

But the Dual Skana which basically means Super Katana x2 is outright inferior while costing as much as the DHS or the Dual Ether does not make sense !

Edited by fatpig84

Well, considering some things I have an idea that actually you are not crafting even a little thing. Your leaders tricking you in farming resources and money, while everything just bought in bulk from Corpus. And those resourses just a little additional source of income via selling it.

Seriously, what's this? 12 hours to craft a high-tec gun? 3 days to craft a super-overpowered suit? Lame. The same for 15000 credits to make a copy of everything that clan's. It's not a cost of copying, it's just and advance payment to those bucketheads.