Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Number Based Difficulty

Otakuwolf

I keep reading about people saying that this game got way too hard after update 9... I admit that i find it quite true as well especially because, as many of them state, i'm kinda "forced" to use precise equipments (Despair, otherwise the enemies take forever to die with Aklato or any other "normal" pistol... and Frost, but that's not a bit issue for me because it always been my main since it came out) so i thought about some Massive Multiplayer online games around and i found that most of them have a difficulty based on the number of players in the team.

Of course, playing with friends and other people is better but how about if somebody wants to play with precise people that maybe is offline in that moment ? Would he still have to fight as many and as hard enemies as in a team of four people ?

I think that is a bit silly to pretend that a single player can do the work of four, so how about scaling the difficult on the number of players currently playing the stage ?

As i sayd, i see many massive online games doing this, enemies having increased health, damage or number depending on the number of players currently ingame: easyer to kill on solo because, as i sayd, a single player can't do the job of an entire team; but harder to shoot down in a party of 4 because the "player side" has an increased firepower.

Before you start saying "But the game is hard on solo because you're supposed to play it online with other people" then why is there a solo option in the menu screen anyway ?

And before many hardcores start saying "But like this it won't be challenging anymore" then why can't you challenge yourself for example by removing the mods from your weapons to make the game harder just for you rather than force everyone else to play it harder just because you want a challenge ?

As a side note, Challenge is good, balancing it is hard, but it should be in a way to accord everyone, and right now i see much more frustrated and disappointed people forced to play in a very precise way rather than players "happy" and using theyr own variety of weapons.

It's a bit weird, when I do a "normal" mission it seems to be scaled for solo. When doing a defense mission, it doesn't. Unfortunately, the devs seem to be scared absolutely stiff to present any kind of helpfull numbers whatsoever, so I'm afraid we're both stuck.

As a side note, Challenge is good, balancing it is hard, but it should be in a way to accord everyone, and right now i see much more frustrated and disappointed people forced to play in a very precise way rather than players "happy" and using their own variety of weapons.

A very well thought out and concise post, which I heartily agree with! I do hope DE can do something on these lines, it would make it so much more enjoyable.

What I find strange is that enemy levels simply do not scale with player number. Prior to Update 9, the game's difficulty was tailor-made for soloing, while playing co-op was "too easy" due to the fact that enemies don't scale to player number. Now DE has listened to these people and made the game completely solo-unfriendly with the planet level increases, instead of introducing player number based level scaling to make co-op less of a cakewalk. Practically all games that enable both solo and co-op mode have such scaling, with examples such as Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3, so why not Warframe?

I couldnt agree more with this post. Lets hope something is done because this game got way to solo-unfriendly. I can manage on low levels because Im leveling my guns...barely. However, low rank defense missions, i dont stand a chance...ridiculous... Im afraid to think how the high rank stuff is going to be,the fun has been sucked out of this game for me...I await to see what happens next.

I agree.  Waves should increase in difficulty based on player count.  Not a static difficulty for a level.

If this developer wants to reach out to as many people as possible, keep solo play valid.  

It's perfectly okay (in my opinion) to use other ideas from great games, and put your own spin on it.

Obviously in this game, i'd take away ideas from Gears of War horde mode (the structure of a match, not much else) and Mass Effect 3.

I haven't played this game since U9. Tried the Raptor only a few times.I wont play or support the game until DE makes something about this stupid hardcore mode/scaling issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I want to have a hardcore mode. But I don't want to be forced to do it. When I feel I am ready for it, I want to press a "hardcore mode" button. But until then, I want to play ina normal mode.

I have frames and weapons that needs lvling up. That's not possible now. I have died more since the U9, than I ever had in this game in total. And I'm tired of it of this crap.

Edited by dgpainkiller

It should keep lower (soloable) enemy stats, and just apply the inverse law of ninja strength. (ninjas are strongest when they work alone.  The more ninjas there are, the less effectively they work.)

Edited by Callback