Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the best and worst kinds of treatment another Warframe player has given to you?

user_85631

On 11/11/2017 at 3:20 AM, KelsierSurvivor said:

Just got a new worst one. 

So I haven't had alot of time on my hands for PoE what with school and all, so I haven't had time to attack the grindwall, learn about Teralyst fights, etc. I just did three hunts in one night with a group of (What I thought were) nice people. They helped me learn for a little bit, I did my part, everyone wins. Until the third hunt.

The Teralyst retreated into the water. With my small amount of knowledge and experience in the new update, I got confused quickly. Lures died, the Teralyst healed, and things got bad. So somehow, since I was the new guy, everything that happened was my fault. Now I'm not saying these guys didn't have a right to be unhappy, but they said some pretty hurtful stuff to me. For example...

"You ####### pile of ####, you just cost us another Eidolon Shard!"

"A brand new guy did more damage than you could. He killed the Sentient faster than you ever could with your ###### weapons."

"You shouldn't have come. We could have done so much better without you."

"You need to get out of here and play something else."

Now not all of this was invalid. Yes, because of my ignorance, plus them not listening to me about being confused and needing help understanding this new concept, I cost them an Eidolon Cap. And yes, I don't have self-damaging weapons to superbuff my Chroma's damage. (It's not my fault that I am running a clan for my friend since he left to France. It's inactive save for me. I can't research stuff all by myself. No Opticor, no Plasmors, etc.) But aside from this, I think these guys should have at least tried to have some sympathy. Surely they couldn't understand the low amount of time I have had with the update, but I gave them some footnotes ahead of time.

I still only have the Mote Amp. I can't be the most efficient since I lack the proper weaponry.

I flat out said this exactly.

I am not the best choice to take, but I would appreciate it if some people could take me on an Eidolon hunt. Maybe show me the ropes.

So yeah. I got my feelings hurt quite a bit. I will give them the benefit of the doubt in that maybe they were just as confused as I was. Other than that, I don't think they should get much else. So yeah. I was shown some of the toxicity of the community tonight. I am a little disappointed. I really am.

The fact that this happened grates my nerves. I have no qualms about losing an eidolon capture, mostly because it is usually due to an error on my part or the game glitches out. Even when you have little experience, the eidolon hunts aren't supposed to be rage inducing but challenging to your abilities and how well you're able to handle yourself. S#&$ happens, I've lost plenty of captures and hunts. But I've also done plenty of silly things on a hunt because you're not supposed to treat it like a crazy grind. Good groups can do 3, maybe 4 captures a night. Super elitist and driven groups will aim for more, even up to 10 a night. Clearly the group you were with were more concerned about themselves than actually assisting you in any shape or form. 

With that being said, you're the Chroma and therefore the life of the lures is not your sole responsibility - that is of the healer, whether it be Oberon or Trinity, whomever is in the group. You bear the burden for hitting the points, but not the only one responsible for it. I myself run Trinity because even though I own Chroma I don't have the patience or time to forma another frame. The folks I run with have the capability to accidentally crit a joint, and that falls upon myself the responsibility to position myself accordingly in case it happens. Again, all of this points to the healer. And I know my own skill, my limits, and when the time comes I practice to be sure I can switch back and forth, know the eidolon's rotations, and ensure that if all else fails, I at least did my job to keep lures alive. And it happens when you don't make it in time. I've had lures vanish on time changes and I make this clear to my group - lures gone, kill him now. But never should you be blamed for something you don't know yet. 

Nor should any blame be the reason you stop playing or avoid it altogether. Those guys were A******s. 

Best I got gifted a Orokin cell (the big one) at Christmas from someone I didn't know.

Worst was while I was in trade chat I was called a "DIRTY CAPITALIST PIG" was selling at median I forget what it was but it was like 40plat.

^I thought it was pretty funny regardless because in my near 2k hours in this game I had never came across anyone so wild.

I'd like to see more vocal players in-game though as the 99.8% of games I've been in have been dead silent.

Edited by GenerationX3

Best treatment was when I was thinking about suicide and started to give away a lot of stuff away in region chat. A few people messaged me and immediately mentioned how extremely depressed people tend to give their stuff away since they feel like they'd have no use for it. I spent that night crying because I kept getting messages from other players of encouragement to keep on moving forward.

Worst treatment I experienced was, huh... I guess being targeted because I didn't want to sell any of my inventory to old clan mates.