Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for changes to Auras

LunaSelenis

Dear DE,
I really like the way you're thinking. What i mean is taking the massive amounts of energy people can get away by reworking Zenurik.
However, i do feel like it is the right time to make some changes to certain Auras, mostly those that are not worth taking, ever.
Im going to list all the Auras that i would like to see changed in some way and explain why.

Infested Impedance: I see no reason why i would slow down the Infested even further,
                    unless it is a really high level mission in which case i would take a nova
                    and be so much more efficient.

Physique:            18% maximum health sounds nice on paper, but since it takes its value from
                    the base health of warframes (as far as i know) it is barely noticeable 
                    except on things like Inaros.

Pistol Scavenger:    For this Aura to work you need a pistol ammo drop, if you do not find one
                    you are better off with a pistol ammo mutation.

Rejuvenation:        Having your health regenerate is great, but by the time you are back on full
                    health, you are most likely done with the mission.. twice. I would prefer some
                    form of lifesteal instead.

Rifle Scavenger:   Same problem as with pistol scavenger. Why would i ever take this over something
                 else and just put a rifle ammo mutation in my rifle?

Shotgun Scavenger:    Same problem as with the other two mods and the addition that most shotguns consume
                    barely any ammo, with a few exceptions.

Sniper Scavenger:    Same thing.. again.

Speed Holster:         Switching weapons fast sounds good on paper, but since we are now able to dual wield
                    some melee weapons and secondary weapons it has become even more pointless, in my opinion.

Sprint Boost:        Why Sprint if you can bullet jump?

All of these Auras seem rather pointless to me and could need either a buff or a complete change.

1 hour ago, LunaSelenis said:

Infested Impedance: I see no reason why i would slow down the Infested even further,
                    unless it is a really high level mission in which case i would take a nova
                    and be so much more efficient.

Not everybody always wants to play Nova.

Physique:    

Rejuvenation:       

Those are the same as corrosive projection, when soloing you hardly notice them, but you definitly notice them, when you are having a full set of 4.

Pistol Scavenger:                    

Rifle Scavenger:  
Shotgun Scavenger:             
Sniper Scavenger: 

Why give up a modslot?

people often complain about having to few weapon modslots anyway, this is a welcomed alternative.

While I agree that most auras (not to forget some very recently released ones) are pointless or even harmful, I feel this lacks suggestions to improve the issues.
First I got to ask this: How will Auras work in the Plains of Eidolon to begin with?
Here is my take on solutions:

Infested Impedence: This is a niche mod. Personally I think ever since it has an actual radius, the mod seems decent.
Physique/Rejuvenation: Fuse these. Possibly add a flat +50 to 100 health after the % applies. (gotta consider that this may be used 4 times)
... Scavenger: Fuse all scavenger auras into one.
Speed Holster: It was useless before and is useless now. If this would add ammo regen to holstered weapons as well, this would be worth it.
Sprint Boost: A thing for niche builds.

Edited by ScribbleClash

Last I checked infested impedance was broken and didn't slow then down. It might have changed but I tested with a group all running impedance with the aura boosting exilis mod (which should make them able to attack but not move similar to Mag's ultimate mod) but their speed was entirely unaffected.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet