Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plastids - Too Low Drop Rate - Post A Feedback

KudaGila

Plastids drop in bundles of 12, 14, max 24. For a clan researched tech weapons you need 250 of plastids per each of the component, many weapons require 5 of them, that makes it 1250 plastids per weapon like supra, lanka, acrid, ogris. With that said, you can imagine the final amount of plastids needed to create weapons to rank up your mastery level, or even to try them out.

Mostly plastids are farmed on Xini, 10 - 15 waves. Sometimes you get 12, 36 or even 0 of them, quite often happend to me that after 5 xini runs, I've had 12 plastids, and needed just 2 more. Drop rate on this resource is extremly low, clan tech requires a lot of it, and most droped resource that you get instead is useless nanospores. I have 95k nanospores mostly from farming for plastids.

Change: Increase amount of plastids that drop in bundles, at least 40, 50. Decrease drop rate for nanospores, that thing is not needed for anything except clan rooms, with lowered requirements for that, and clans like Broframe and Asura with thousands of players in, there is no need to have the drop so frequently.

* Btw, why is there no scaling in amounts of resources vs higher level mobs? The chances for resources are same if I farm level 10 or 80 lvl. I don't mind fighting lvl 100+ mobs, but if it doesn't give me any profit in terms of resources, why would ppl play it? 

Please, give a bit of feedback to this thread so DE might take a look at it.

Have a nice day

Tripfy

Edited by Tripfy

Somewhat agree, they should increase the amount given per drop.

Also in the future when new components are added just like the Mutagen Mass, Fieldron, Detonite Injector, why did they all have to require the same material to make, other then the research material. Couldn't they change it up so they used other materials for each one? Gallium, Neurodes, Neural Sensors (maybe if they wanted it to make sense then wouldn't work i guess),

This is going to end up exactly the same as alloy plate. People complained about alloy plate being too rare because that was the material that held them back. Now it's Plastids and the situation is exactly the same. There will always be one resource that holds you back. Changing plastid's drop rate will only change which resource seems to drop in small amounts.

Edit: And now I'm here sitting on 60k alloy plate. Sure glad we upped the drop rate for that uncommon resource.

Edited by Excitonex

This is going to end up exactly the same as alloy plate. People complained about alloy plate being too rare because that was the material that held them back. Now it's Plastids and the situation is exactly the same. There will always be one resource that holds you back. Changing plastid's drop rate will only change which resource seems to drop in small amounts.

Edit: And now I'm here sitting on 60k alloy plate. Sure glad we upped the drop rate for that uncommon resource.

Alloy dropped often on Kappa and Kiste, you just had to play for it more. By saying you have 60k of Alloy, you haven't donated to a clan dojo at all, and had stacks from past too. With plastids, if you don't have stacks from past, you end up spending all the time in Warframe farming that resource. Do x times xini per day, and see almost 0 income of them, but you get polymer bundles and nanospores instead.

Btw: I'm rank 10 - Seeker, with almost all guns in the game, all warframes, never used a glitch with buying and selling braton. It really get's on nerves to farm for resource and keep on geting 12 per mission, sometimes you get "lucky" and obtain 70. If you look at it from new players perspective, they want a gun, but can't get resource for it and end up hating the game for not dropping any for them, same to veterans - with increased level of enemies and difficulty, drops remain the same random number.

Edited by Tripfy

Alloy Plate didn't increase in its drop rate, but in it's pick-up amount. Difference. Upping Platids in the same way would go a long way towards making some of the grind less grind-y.

While we're at it, do this for Ferrite too... That's my personal monkey on my back when it comes to material farming >_

Alloy Plate didn't increase in its drop rate, but in it's pick-up amount. Difference. Upping Platids in the same way would go a long way towards making some of the grind less grind-y.

While we're at it, do this for Ferrite too... That's my personal monkey on my back when it comes to material farming >_

Ferrite is fine how it is.  3-600+ A run on a number of planets and missions (I personally use M prime).  Plastids have the unique disadvantage of being very low in both rate and amount, as well as having terrible co-drops (yeah, i totally needed that extra 2k nano spores to add to my proverbial mountain of them...).

Ferrite is fine how it is.  3-600+ A run on a number of planets and missions (I personally use M prime).  Plastids have the unique disadvantage of being very low in both rate and amount, as well as having terrible co-drops (yeah, i totally needed that extra 2k nano spores to add to my proverbial mountain of them...).

I highly doubt this, considering the drop ratio of Polymer Bundles on any given Mercury stage is just as high, if not higher. Earth would be a better farming ground, and even then the drop amounts tend to not breach the 90+ mark on any given run I've done for it.

Ferrite drop rates are fine, but it needs to drop it's high end values a little more often than it does. To this day I have never seen a 180 drop of it, even though it is capable of such a number.

I highly doubt this, considering the drop ratio of Polymer Bundles on any given Mercury stage is just as high, if not higher. Earth would be a better farming ground, and even then the drop amounts tend to not breach the 90+ mark on any given run I've done for it.

Ferrite drop rates are fine, but it needs to drop it's high end values a little more often than it does. To this day I have never seen a 180 drop of it, even though it is capable of such a number.

If you don't believe what I have said, check out the comments on the ferrite page on the wiki.  Or take the 5-10 minutes and do one for yourself.

Edit: It quoted twice.

Edited by MeteorKing

Miranda on Uranus gets about 250 if you can make it to about wave 20-25. However if you don't like playing defense. You can always do Cordelia I believe it is also on Uranus it can get you about 200-300 per run. This mission is a raid so you can just do quick runs. If you enter every room and get plastids the mission takes around 20-30 mins.But is very helpful due to the amount you get

I hoped I helped a few people out

Have fun

Edited by DJxfapfap

For the record, I recorded my Material drops on Eris for a couple of days.  I'm confident my methodology does not posses significant bias (with the possible exception to Neurodes; since people mark them, I had to make a judgement on whether or not I would have found them on my own).

Nano spores dropped 119 times.

Plastids dropped 19 times.

Neurodes dropped 4 times.

Plastid drops on Eris are very poor.

Uranus and Saturn drops are far more reasonable, but in addition to them not being planets you generally want to be on, their ratios are not as good as other dedicated farming spots (such as Mercury for Ferrite and Europa for Rubedo).

I've always farmed my plastids in the Telesto Extermination (lowest location on the Saturn map). It's on the Grineer mining facility tileset so it's providing a lot of crates and secret spots. Taking about 10 minutes per run, it's giving me 100-300 plastids per run.

Already farmed enough to craft Dera, Prova and Lanka.

Yeah, I agree, I thought that making the clan weapons would be harder, but not this hard. Considering that you've already got a crafting time of 12 hours per object (fieldron/mutagen/detonite) required for the weapons, that makes it incredibly tedious. Only upside to the 12 hour wait is that you've got plenty of time to get grinding. But oh man is it ever boring..

Edited by Hap-muhr

I've always farmed my plastids in the Telesto Extermination (lowest location on the Saturn map). It's on the Grineer mining facility tileset so it's providing a lot of crates and secret spots. Taking about 10 minutes per run, it's giving me 100-300 plastids per run.

Already farmed enough to craft Dera, Prova and Lanka.

As a heads up this isn't directed to you specifically, you just have a good un-replied post.

I don't know how anyone manages to get more then 70. Given how farm-able ferrite is, I've gotten use to grineer galleons layouts and thus doing them quick and efficient, but when I do the same thing for Plastids i'm lucky to see anything past 40 let alone past 70. the only reason I've gotten my clan tech was because Plastids were pretty much worthless before clan tech(minus frames but they didn't need much) and thus just stacked up. They do need the steel plate treatment. I'd rather have a mountain of worthless junk once I've got everything, then scrape my fingernails through acid and lemon juice just to get the bare bone minimum (and I have a butt ton of nano spores, but you wont hear me complain about it).