Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit chance in Sniper rifles (voting)

cazadordoblekatana

11 hours ago, helghastgunner said:

• Well um that's one strong Braton I'll give you that

• I'm considering level 100 units, I have no statistics but I doubt a large portion of the player base play above this level range.

• Yes snipers shoot faster (not by much though) however some of your shots are essentially going to tickle your target vs consistent damage from the bow, I find it evens it out.

• Projectile speed is something you gotta practice to get accustomed to using(though they could buff it to maybe rakta level), I find outside of the arenas most enemies do not attempt to move out of the way at all so hitting is not the hardest thing to do.

Why should the trade of be something so important as consistency though? The ferrox is a weapon that makes both these categories look bad but its allowed to exist, along side Sybaris P and Dex.  

• 8 forma and a riven helps ;)
  • Whether or not lots of people face them is irrelevant. What we have to consider is the level where weapons actually start to perform worse because they are not the "strongest" ones in the game, because that's what'll showcase their differences.
  • Exactly. It evens out. Meaning they shouldn't get the buff...
  • Yes, it is a serious downside. Especially over super long rang, where snipers excel.
  • Why something so important? Because when I see an assassinate sortie, or my friends are down for a 100 wave void defense, etc, I bring my snipers. They are already amont the best weapons in the game, damage wise. They need some sort of achilles heel. Like I've said in many posts these last few days, snipers excel at close, medium, and long ranges. They have good damage, and mostly decent handling (vulkar wraith and rubico reloads do suck). So the potential to need a few shots keeps them from overtaking everything.