Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Credits More Use.

MASKSMITH

Right now, credits are good for very little. I have around one million credits, and aside from occassional fusions or buying a blueprint, I have absolutely nothing to spend it on. It just sits in my inventory, looking pretty.

As such, here are some examples of uses for credits-

1. Percentage of foundry time eliminated: Spend up to 100,000 credits to eliminate up to 50% of the wait time for a foundry project. This still leaves platinum rushing as a desirable alternative if you want the item right now, but allows credits to be used to decrease the time from a day to twelve hours, etc. Price could be considerably higher, and percentage lower, with warframes since they take 4 days rather than the usual 1.

2. Resources. Allow us to buy resources with credits. I realize that'll step on the platinum resource market's toes, but is anyone actually buying nanospores at 10 platinum a pop? Even if it was only the more common resources, it would let you grind on whatever planet you feel like without having it be a total waste in terms of resource accumulation, since you'd still be gaining credits.

3. Increase Fusion. Let us spend 2x the credit amount on fusion in order to increase the effect by 50%. This would be for the richer players who want to upgrade their high-rank mods and don't mind spending hundreds of thousands of credits to do so.

4.  Clan bank. Let the clan store funds from its members, to be used for projects when they arise, and for start-up funds for newer members, obviously with a cap to prevent abuse. New players need credits much more than older ones, and since trading still doesn't exist, this would allow long-time players to help out newer ones as well as a clan as a whole.

5. Mission Intel. Now this is kind of a strange idea, but let us buy mission-specific information and options before a mission. Such as: Spending credits to make sure it won't be an Ice mission, a self-destruct or timed mission, being able to spend credits to ensure a shorter route or lock out the security systems in a corpus level, and maybe even the ability to see before-hand if the mission objective is going to switch mid-way through, or perhaps disable it. Just some ideas.

In my opinion, there should never be something that affects gameplay that can be bought with premium currency that cannot be bought with standard currency.  The best model for this I've seen is Planetside 2.  They have one of the best currency systems I've seen in a FTP game.

I like all of your points.  Great suggestions =)

about the suggestion: 2,3,4, gold farmers party ,could destroy the economy of the game.

But i like your 5° idea,makes me remenber a option in megaman 8(horrible game...),should be fun choose a intel besides the blind lady, to look out for boxes,itens and warm about the danger.

Edited by RX3_Zero

The only resource I've ever bought using platinum were circuits, Because they're not common, no planet drops it exclusively, and it's 30plat for 1'500 circuits, which is out of all the resources on the market, the least cost-ineffective.

RX3_Zero, there is no game economy. The fact that we do not interact with each other as far as resources go (no community market, no trading) means there is no economy to break.

What can happen is that it would benefit players who amassed large amounts of credits - which, may I remind you, are players who've played for a while already. It's not that easy to come across the dozens of T3 keys required to reach 4mil on the bank, you know.

Such features, however, should also be accessible for newbies. Scaling with mastery rank/number of uses would be a good idea. At first those would be quite cheap (in the hundreds of credits), but as you amass mastery and use the resources, they'd go up in price.

about the suggestion: 2,3,4, gold farmers party ,could destroy the economy of the game.

But i like your 5° idea,makes me remenber a option in megaman 8(horrible game...),should be fun choose a intel besides the blind lady, to look out for boxes,itens and warm about the danger.

There is no economy. There's no in-game trading of any kind, so resources, credits and etc. are all worthless to someone who doesn't have an active use for them.

Such features, however, should also be accessible for newbies. Scaling with mastery rank/number of uses would be a good idea. At first those would be quite cheap (in the hundreds of credits), but as you amass mastery and use the resources, they'd go up in price.

Rank, no.  Number of uses, maybe.

There is no economy. There's no in-game trading of any kind, so resources, credits and etc. are all worthless to someone who doesn't have an active use for them.

"There is no economy",agreed,no big game find a solution until now.

If we open trading,high lvl players can make money and the store would have to sell cheap itens, making this game fremiun(pay to win),taking a lot of players away.

obs:without count the destruction of virtual economy.

Edited by RX3_Zero

I don't see how being able to trade players, or buy items you could trade players for, makes it a "fremium" game...

So long as DE makes everything they sell for plat, that also affects gameplay, also available in other ways, it's not a pay to win scenario. 

I don't see how being able to trade players, or buy items you could trade players for, makes it a "fremium" game...

So long as DE makes everything they sell for plat, that also affects gameplay, also available in other ways, it's not a pay to win scenario. 

I personally frown on gameplay affecting items that are only sold for cash currency.  It is certainly the developers prerogative.  I personally lean towards games that do not do this.  Planetside 2 and War Thunder are two examples of excellent microtransation models.  In this particular case, Planetside 2 applies most.  You can buy only new weapons, and non-gameplay affecting items like decals.  You can also grind out the in-game currency for the weapons also, at a higher (but not ridiculous) rate.  All upgrades, be it optics, extended mags, or whatever, require in-game currency and cannot be cash purchased.  I think this is a fantastic model. 

I've got just under a million in credits and I have no idea what they are even needed for at this point. Not much that I need in game that would require them. I already have most everything I want except the Clan weapons which I never actually tried for.