Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix The Host Migration Thingie!

bezsapog

Can't finish a single mission today.

got dropped 10 out of 10 times.

I don't why we can't see our ping in the game,

so I'd know that I have to work on something,

I don't know why host migration starts to move players around servers

when they are in the game, instead of before the that game starts.

I don't know why it kicks in more than once during same game.

I don't know why it can't finish migration without dropping me out of the game...

I don't know why it's called PVE when half of the time I have to do solo mode.

I have 32/4 connection with 11-17 ping to internet host,

how much faster does it have to be in order to stay in the game ?

and why I'm getting dropped all the time, while in game network diagnostics 

tells me that all systems are normal ?

Is there post somewhere that explains those migration rules and workarounds ?

I was about to start a topic about this but I am reciving the very same thing. My droprate is 9 out of 10 times. Even if I'm the host.

Personaly I contacted support already about the issue before and after tryng whatever they suggested and was already done they joust decleared my ticket "Solved" and that was before Update 9. Since update 9 I have been kicked off Evry Single bloody mission RIGHT before the end. For example 1 wave left of 15 waves of alert mission? Woudent it be such a shame.... To be... Joust... disconected suddently? And bam disconect all mods lost alert qualified as "failed" and all I get is loosing my time effort and credits if I had to use single use items. It sometimes even deducts the experience I gain :|

i don't know what might be wrong, but i do know that this almost never happens to me. my drop rate with randoms is ~1/70. and that's only when i find that one guy that's just so laggy that everyone drops from the host.

so this isn't a global issue, but clearly still an issue nontheless.

Speed isn't the issue. Either your line quality is poor (Do a test for that http://www.dslreports.com/linequality'>here) or your router has some issues, assuming you're behind one like most people would be. My first suggestion, after the quality test, would be to change the ports that Warframe uses by clicking the cogwheel in the top-right of the game client, then restarting.

I live in New Zealand - our internet is absolutely abhorrent at 10/1 - and I have no issues playing, so it's not a client issue. Just a configuration issue.

Do we know the IP's of the Warframe servers?  I'd also need to run traceroutes from your machine to the client machines.  There are many factors that could be causing this.

I haven't run any multiplayer matches yet, but I will tonight.  I run a decent but stable connection, i'll report my results here.

EDIT:  If you want to check your in home network (LAN), try to ping your default gateway.  If you're running pings without packet loss at 1ms or less, chances are you are fine and the problem lies past your demarc.

Edited by Bakercompany86

I as a router user did use port fowarding on several ports actualy and I did got throught whit it along the suppot guy.

It did not work. Its a game side issue causing this probleam for example a lot of my buddys and including me we are unable to connect to each other execpt for always that one or two guys and thaths it. Out of 10 or so people 2 are host capable. Its a rather... inconvinient addition.

I as a router user did use port fowarding on several ports actualy and I did got throught whit it along the suppot guy.

It did not work. Its a game side issue causing this probleam for example a lot of my buddys and including me we are unable to connect to each other execpt for always that one or two guys and thaths it. Out of 10 or so people 2 are host capable. Its a rather... inconvinient addition.

If it were a client issue, then it'd be more widespread than the OP, you and your friends. Another common denominator that you can fix is likely the issue, not the client itself.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

If it was fixable I would have not posted that. As I stated before I tryd evrything support additionaly suggested to evry other method I tryd to make it work.

And joust becaus people do not post it (The lazy buggesrs) it dose exist. The people I know are having such probleams and we are spreaded all over Europe. From Germany, England, Poland, Hungary joust to name a few.

It wasent that much of a series issue but it became one after Update 9 specialy for being thrown out of evry single game right before the end of it or right after the objective has been completed and it is very highly unlikely that it would be an issue on my end when it happens at the exact same game conditions evry single time repeatedly.

re:

Does it only happen when you play with your friends?  Or does this happen to you in random games as well?

Can anyone else confirm this sort of problem?

99% of the games I play - I play with new team,

The problem is not consistent.

Normally, you can jump from planet to planet few times

and it goes away,

or within an hour or less it goes away.

So I don't think it's a router settings or something like that 

on the client side.

Main issue is that some missions have very limited time window to complete

and if you keep getting dropped out by server or can't complete it in solo mod -

you simply  can't get rewards that you after = B.P., mods or etc... 

plus it's annoying and you loosing time.., and loot.

• 3 weeks later...

Got dropped out of VOID mission again.

you can't join or rejoin VOID mission after it started...

Maybe Host Migration shouldn't let you join,

or shouldn't let you drop out if it's trying to move hosts around ?

NOt everybody at rank 30 and on T3 ED every guy counts...

With VOID it should ping out connections,

prevent you from connecting it's to slow,

even if you are invited,

and once you are in - leave you alone..