Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad_Pool_Caller error as of late whenever I party with friends in missions

Aeruhat

While I have absolutely no idea as to why this is happening, but as of late I keep getting the 'bad_pool_caller' error, resulting in the blue screen of death, whenever I am in a party with my friends and start a mission. It crashes my computer completely and forces it to restart, making Warframe error logs irretrievable so I could find the actual problem. My drivers and OS are up to date, and I have a feeling something in the last update was not coded correctly.

I am currently running Windows 8. Any idea on how to fix this is greatly appreciated, as running solo in missions is getting tedious and boring. 

Try to first verify your game cache. Then open your command prompt as admin and type chkdsk, when it's finished type sfc /scannow. After that try individually booting up into WF with one stick of ram at a time and try a party. Look for an error log in your event log too, under application and system both. That could be helpful to anyone trying to find an answer, including yourself.

I have tried that, for some reason since Windows 8 does not recognize my ID as administrator and I cannot run things as administrator, and yet I am registered as the sole administrator of the computer in question. I cannot run command prompt commands because of this. And because it bluescreens my computer every single time, it sends the info to Microsoft and the log only has 'oh this is the error you got, here's a bunch of gibberish if you want to read it'. Nothing in the log tells me anything.

Only Warframe has managed to crash my computer with such an error, and it's done it before. I've had to wait for a few hotfixes and updates on DE's end to try to play again, or just simply played solo. My friends have gotten this before as well, and they play on Windows 7-10.

I am also playing Warframe through Steam, and it will not let me verify my game cache as I had to do that during a power failure due to hurricane Irma, and my computer thought I had never downloaded WF in the first place.

As much as I hate to say it, I guess it's time for another extended break for me from Warframe.