Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prone Mechanic

SteelSentinel00

Considering we now have no scope sway, which is what going prone is meant to counter, I honestly don't see the point besides style. That, and it'd be quite flow breaking, and possibly difficult to integrate into console controls.

That said, maybe adding a lie down emote which puts you into prone instead if you're holding a sniper would work. Considering the framework could be taken from the handshake emote and reworked a bit (code-wise, that is) I don't think it'd be too hard to do

13 minutes ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

[insert "fast paced horde shooter blah-blah" and other explanations why it's "not going to happen" here]

Ooh ooh! I'll be that guy!

Warframe is fast-paced shooter that has us fighting large groups of enemies. It would be a useless gimmick that would be pointless in any scenario, all things considered!

While warframe is a fast paced game not all players play it fast. This concept wouldn't be hard to integrate. There is already a crouch button and I hate to bring it up but in COD I do believe if you hold the crouch button down you go prone. It would work well in a group dynamic if someone liked playing a sniper. Getting to higher ground and going prone to cover your allies with some well placed shots. Of course it could even be limited as an option only if you have a sniper rifle equipped and drawn. I think it would fit some players play style.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Shinzo-Miramoto said:

While warframe is a fast paced game not all players play it fast. This concept wouldn't be hard to integrate. There is already a crouch button and I hate to bring it up but in COD I do believe if you hold the crouch button down you go prone. It would work well in a group dynamic if someone liked playing a sniper. Getting to higher ground and going prone to cover your allies with some well placed shots. Of course it could even be limited as an option only if you have a sniper rifle equipped and drawn. I think it would fit some players play style.

The problem with that is that us console players have to hold the crouch button to crouch already, otherwise we just roll. And I believe there's no more room on the controller for additional keybinds

Also, while some may not play the game at a fast pace, many do, and integrating a prone state can end up with frustrating points of accidentally going prone, losing all your speed and leaving you open to attack. I can already imagine a few frustrating deaths as a result, particularly in sorties where you're mostly just running through the mission

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)SupremeMorpheus said:

The problem with that is that us console players have to hold the crouch button to crouch already, otherwise we just roll. And I believe there's no more room on the controller for additional keybinds

Also, while some may not play the game at a fast pace, many do, and integrating a prone state can end up with frustrating points of accidentally going prone, losing all your speed and leaving you open to attack. I can already imagine a few frustrating deaths as a result, particularly in sorties where you're mostly just running through the mission

you do have a point and myself being a console player can understand your point perfectly, that's why I said as an option for sniper rifle equipped and drawn only

On 09/10/2017 at 4:40 AM, (PS4)Shinzo-Miramoto said:

you do have a point and myself being a console player can understand your point perfectly, that's why I said as an option for sniper rifle equipped and drawn only

That would just be one more reason not to use snipers for the general community. It'd be only a cosmetic advantage for a massive gameplay disadvantage. And even then, imo crouching with a sniper is just as iconic as the prone sniper. Hence my suggestion of the emote: no flow-breaking gameplay, no added controls. And if you're comfortable enough to go prone, you've got the time to open the emote menu anyway

It may look cool, maybe (I imagine lots of issues with clipping and/or floating given how diverse warframes are) but it's not worth bringing your gunplay to a screeching halt. As said above, an emote would be an unintrusive way to allow this just for looking cool, but as a gameplay mechanic it just doesn't fit warframe.