Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matri Frame

Kreytas

Warframe: Matri

Lore: Surviving for so long requires constant adaptation. This frame is an expert at utilizing battlefield scraps to boost it's survival and combat capabilities.

Appearance: Original conceptualization of this frame is designed to change according to load-out utilizing pieces of gear that are common among both corpus and grineer enemies. My original idea of a basic model would be a medium built frame (female) with a nullifier/battery pack on her back, tattered bits of "cloth," cable/tubing dreads, possibly goggle-like eyes, and to be discussed later "materialization bracelets." Additionally, the frame would use "holo-skates" to move around, much like those used by corpus elite enemies. 

- Note: As a by-product of this frame concept I believe it would be a gateway frame to having warframe cosmetic attachments that modify warframe abilities and/or base stats. For example: Matri could have a shoulder cannon or array attachment that would modify whether her ability did "Ability 1A" for having the cannon attached or "Ability 1B" for having the shoulder array attached. Additionally, there would be a similar options for the chest, such as a bursa front plate, the syandana slot could be an eximus(grineer) pack or a nullifier(corpus) pack. Another possibility would be to add attachments (prime) that would grant a minimal amount of base stat increase such as base health, base shield, base armor, and base energy.

- Note 2: Possible gateway to allow the farming of special attachments from corpus/grineer spy missions.

Base Stats:

- Health: 75

- Shields: 125

- Energy: 150

- Armor: 100

Passive Options:

- Hacking is easier. (Either reduces difficulty level by one factor, or hacking time increase.)

- Frequently corpus/grineer will mistake you for an ally. (5% chance per corresponding faction attachment that a corpus/grineer enemy will ignore you.)

- Mission objectives are augmented: For example, mobile defense terminals can be activated remotely without the card, or power cells can be placed on your waist allowing the use of your rifle.

- Innate Vacuum

Abilities:

- Ability 1A (activate AoE) [Corpus Attachment]

- Range: 10m - 15m

- Energy Cost: 25

- Tech Damage: 250

- Description: Overload your battery pack to release a mild EMP. (Puts other skills on a 5 second cooldown.)

- Ability 1B (activate AoE trap) [Grineer Attachment]

- Range 10m - 15m

- Energy Cost: 25

- Electricity Damage: 50/sec, 2-5% stun chance per proc.

- Description: Launch (like a grenade launcher) an arc trap at the targeted location that will electrocute nearby enemies.

- Ability 2A: Shield Vampire (debuff target) [Grineer Tech]

- Range: Targeted Enemy

- Energy Cost: 50

- Shield Vamp: 5% per second

- Duration: 10 seconds

- Ability 2B: Shield Vanguard (buff friendly) [Corpus Tech]

- Range: Targeted Friendly

- Energy Cost: 50

-Shield Transfer: 5% per second

- Duration: 10 seconds

- Ability 3A: Nullifier Bubble (toggle ability) [Corpus Tech]

- Range: 5m - 10m

- Energy Cost: Drain X/sec

- Description: Disrupts enemy technology, stunning machines, removing shields, disrupting targeting systems (grineer accuracy/life support).

Ability 3B: Eximus Shield (toggle ability) [Grineer Tech]

- Range: 5m - 10m

- Energy Cost: Drain (1/2)X/sec + X per damage taken

- Damage Reduction: 100%

- Description: Create a protective shield that prevents incoming projectile damage. Disclaimer: Damage will take a toll on shield stability.

Ability 4A: Liberated Rollers (activate summon) (rollers materialize from bracelets) [Grineer Tech]

- Energy Cost: 100

- Number of Rollers: 2 (not changeable)

- Roller Shields: 250

- Roller Health: 150

- Roller Armor: 150

- Roller Damage: N/A

- Description: Construct two rollers from your materialization bracelets to fight by your side and upon destruction scavenge their parts to replenish your shields and energy.

Ability 4B: Liberated Bursa (activate summon) [Corpus Tech]

- Energy Cost: 100

- Bursa Health: 400

- Bursa Shields: 200

- Bursa Armor: 250

- Bursa Duration (battery life): 15 - 30 seconds (?)

- Warframe Armor: Nullified ( reduced armor to 0)

- Warframe Abilities: Nullify bubble is inactive during duration.

- Description: You shed your scavenged armor and backpack to construct a bursa to fight by your side until its battery is depleted. When your bursa is depleted or destroyed, you scavenge the remaining parts to replenish your shields, energy, and armor.

Final Thoughts: I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this far. I tried to make the frame as balanced as I could, centering around a caster type class with decent ability to survive. I like the idea of full customization and so I tailored the frame to be a focal point of that idea. I would appreciate any criticism or recommendations to this idea to help me further polish the frame. For sure, many of the ability values were just basic guesses at a balanced skill, so I would very much like help with that. Anyways, thank you fellow Tenno, may you have much luck in your future missions!

PS - Also, if this frame idea goes well, I have a few other ideas for frames that are unique and fairly balanced, I might post them later. <3

Edit Footnote 1: Fixed a minor grammatical inconsistency in post.

Edited by Kreytas
grammatical error

17 minutes ago, Thumbledore said:

>named matri

>No mattress abilities 

Another one lost to the normies

See, they tried developing her to scavenge used mattresses from the battlefield but she got bed bugs and became Nidus :[

Edited by Kreytas
grammar