Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experince

Numot

Just some things I've noticed since I've started playing this game that should defiantly be looked at.

Mods:

-First time a player brings up the mod screen, a tutorial needs to explain them, in depth. This information needs to be in a readable log viewable from the player stat page, add a "Hints" tab by the tutorial. Not knowing how these work has made people I know drop the game faster than having their keyboard burst into flames. The mod system while simple in theory, is complex and can be overwhelming with how its executed.

-Key mods, Serration, Piercing hit, No return, Hornet strike, ect, need to be awarded to new players on some kind of requirement. These mods are needed to progress in the game, a new player should not be forced to farm to progress steadily. Don't have armor piercing? Can't headshot corpus! HAHAA *RAGE*

Crafting:

-Blueprints need to explain what are the required make the item. Helps avoid wasting credits on stuff that a new player can't build yet.

Enemies:

-Now that we have the Lore tab, adding specific units to lore once encountered would be nice. Information like weaponry, weaknesses, and weak-points should be included.

-First time you encounter a faction Lotus should give you hints on dealing with them. Having Lotus tell me that the Corpus have some amazing bullet resistant helmets would have been great in alleviating some confusion.

Chat:

-Game could use a mail/notification system to get the attention of people who have the chat minimized.

-Right-clicking on names in the listing should bring up a menu for invite, whisper, etc.

Map:

-Clearing everything on a planet should unlock something.

-Not needed, would be nice, first arrival to new planet prompts a run down from Lotus about what is going on here ("exposed colony?" man if you told me this sooner I might have cared!). Really, really hope that's part of the story you add to the game.

-Planets in the lore tab

Rank up:

-Should probably give you something as well. Some people may be against this, but giving rewards for mastery encourages people to play even more, and possibly spend more in the process. Right now there is no need to rank up unless you're in a clan and have or will be getting access to weapons. (Putting vandal weapons in at certain ranks would be pretty cool too. Having a selection of them but limiting access works as well, thus meaning you can't get all the vandals, but just a few ie; vandal of choice at rank 4,7,11, but 6+ vandals to chose from)

Just some things I've noticed since I've started playing this game that should defiantly be looked at.

Mods:

-First time a player brings up the mod screen, a tutorial needs to explain them, in depth. This information needs to be in a readable log viewable from the player stat page, add a "Hints" tab by the tutorial. Not knowing how these work has made people I know drop the game faster than having their keyboard burst into flames. The mod system while simple in theory, is complex and can be overwhelming with how its executed.

-Key mods, Serration, Piercing hit, No return, Hornet strike, ect, need to be awarded to new players on some kind of requirement. These mods are needed to progress in the game, a new player should not be forced to farm to progress steadily. Don't have armor piercing? Can't headshot corpus! HAHAA *RAGE*

Crafting:

-Blueprints need to explain what are the required make the item. Helps avoid wasting credits on stuff that a new player can't build yet.

Enemies:

-Now that we have the Lore tab, adding specific units to lore once encountered would be nice. Information like weaponry, weaknesses, and weak-points should be included.

-First time you encounter a faction Lotus should give you hints on dealing with them. Having Lotus tell me that the Corpus have some amazing bullet resistant helmets would have been great in alleviating some confusion.

Chat:

-Game could use a mail/notification system to get the attention of people who have the chat minimized.

-Right-clicking on names in the listing should bring up a menu for invite, whisper, etc.

Map:

-Clearing everything on a planet should unlock something.

-Not needed, would be nice, first arrival to new planet prompts a run down from Lotus about what is going on here ("exposed colony?" man if you told me this sooner I might have cared!). Really, really hope that's part of the story you add to the game.

-Planets in the lore tab

Rank up:

-Should probably give you something as well. Some people may be against this, but giving rewards for mastery encourages people to play even more, and possibly spend more in the process. Right now there is no need to rank up unless you're in a clan and have or will be getting access to weapons. (Putting vandal weapons in at certain ranks would be pretty cool too. Having a selection of them but limiting access works as well, thus meaning you can't get all the vandals, but just a few ie; vandal of choice at rank 4,7,11, but 6+ vandals to chose from)

Matusware Approves This +1 ^^

Also

Tutorial should have an Advanced Tutorial that will explain the wall runs and other moves

You win the "Awesome New Player" award, available only from the self-imposed master Pink Rhino, me.

It means you have summed up nearly every major sentiment that this game needs for new player retention (mod tutorials, hints about factions, mod rewards), while significantly enhancing the experience of older players (Lore, chat, map).

lol ya you get a cookie but i guess we veterans can't expect newbies to learn like we did so its probably a good idea to give them some help

Game is quite fun once you get into it, but damn is hard to get into due to some barriers to progress. I was only able to stick it out cause I had some friends who were already into the game and thus able to take me to places to farm mods, but we can't expect everyone to be that lucky.

I agree with like, 95% of what you said. One of the few things I wouldn't do, is give away rare mods like serration, hornet strike, and seeker. None of them are really needed until the highest level planets, and they're not rare enough to really warrant the hate they get. Secondly, the mastery system unlocks new weapons, and in the future I'm sure it'll unlock more perks too: I.E. you need a mastery rank 6 to use the ogris (rocket launcher).

All in all most of that should be implemented. Also maybe a starter mod pack with stuff like: slip magazine, magazine warp, shell compression, etc. etc. for basic loadouts with all the guns ^_^

All in all most of that should be implemented. Also maybe a starter mod pack with stuff like: slip magazine, magazine warp, shell compression, etc. etc. for basic loadouts with all the guns ^_^

This would be nice as something for getting all of mercury cleared, not too much to overwhelm the player but enough to properly outfit them.

I agree with like, 95% of what you said. One of the few things I wouldn't do, is give away rare mods like serration, hornet strike, and seeker. None of them are really needed until the highest level planets, and they're not rare enough to really warrant the hate they get. Secondly, the mastery system unlocks new weapons, and in the future I'm sure it'll unlock more perks too: I.E. you need a mastery rank 6 to use the ogris (rocket launcher).

So I was going to say that new players need to be given one copy of certain core mods, but I didn't because...

vvv This vvv

This would be nice as something for getting all of mercury cleared, not too much to overwhelm the player but enough to properly outfit them.

That would be an awesome, one-time-only prize for killing Vor. The Cronus is just old, and when the game was new and just beginning beta it was an improvement. Now, it'd be nice if new players were guaranteed mods that the game Requires in order to play after level 25.

+1 to OP and +1 to Numot