Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Redux

Hipolipolopigus

Doing some thinking on the Aura system, why people don't like it and how it might be improved, I had a small idea.

Allow placement of any non-specific Warframe mod in the aura slot, so that it will affect the whole party. The tradeoff, to balance the system, is that if you do install a non-Aura mod into the Aura slot, it will decrement your mod points like a normal mod slot (Eg; I put a max rank Continuity into my Aura slot. All party members gain 30% power duration, I lose 9 mod points, 5 for matching polarity).

I would've liked to expand on this idea and present it better, but that's really all there is to it :P

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

That does lead to some things that could become horribly broken if they stack like normal auras.

An example would be 4 maxed streamlines, meaning an ability would *give* you 20% of its energy cost each time you used it.

Or four Continuities for 120% power duration + 28% from constitution meaning a total of 148% power duration.  Think how long Bastilee would last then?

Or four maxed out focus coupled with M-Prime or AMD.

In all it would just lead to horribly broken stats given to the party.

4 maxed out Redirections for a total of 1760% shields anyone?

Edited by Tsukinoki

That does lead to some things that could become horribly broken if they stack like normal auras.

An example would be 4 maxed streamlines, meaning an ability would *give* you 20% of its energy cost each time you used it.

Or four Continuities for 120% power duration + 28% from constitution meaning a total of 148% power duration.  Think how long Bastilee would last then?

Or four maxed out focus coupled with M-Prime or AMD.

In all it would just lead to horribly broken stats given to the party.

4 maxed out Redirections for a total of 1760% shields anyone?

All things that could be addressed with hard caps or a modifier where Aura-slotted mods have their rank reduced by the amount of players in the party (A rank 10 Redirection would behave like a rank 6 with 4 players or rank 8 with 2, assuming 1 point per party member).

Edit: Or, even better, a simple rule that a mod will only stack once (Perhaps even not at all) with another, which would force diversity.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus