Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ninja Mode Activated?

Skarra

Sort of just a rant but i like to see it as a suggestion:

The Lotus's phrases talking about "no one knows youre on the ship" or "no detecton from enemies or sensors" kind of makes me feel like it should be nessessary to be as stealth-like as possible and though most frames dont have a stealth ability i think it would make it more of a team effort to throw this in.

Since most the time people are just running through missions as fast as possible it makes it hard for me to see how anyone needs a team to do anything (excluding bosses, defence, etc)

I just think this would be more a ninja game if the stealth tactic was required.

Sort of just a rant but i like to see it as a suggestion:

The Lotus's phrases talking about "no one knows youre on the ship" or "no detecton from enemies or sensors" kind of makes me feel like it should be nessessary to be as stealth-like as possible and though most frames dont have a stealth ability i think it would make it more of a team effort to throw this in.

Since most the time people are just running through missions as fast as possible it makes it hard for me to see how anyone needs a team to do anything (excluding bosses, defence, etc)

I just think this would be more a ninja game if the stealth tactic was required.

They have said in stream they MAY make stealth into a sort of mission mode, would be great if it replaced sausage missions er I mean hostage missions. But as they said stealth is an optional, and always will be as it grows bigger through the game development

the problem is that randoms wont even think about doing mission stealthy with a full team, and even if they are, they will say "we might do it stealth way but hey, noone gonna do that" and continue to spray'n'pray on the run.

we could partially solve it by adding chat room aka "LFGStealth"

also the part of a problem that stealth just dont give any benefits

the problem is that randoms wont even think about doing mission stealthy with a full team, and even if they are, they will say "we might do it stealth way but hey, noone gonna do that" and continue to spray'n'pray on the run.

we could partially solve it by adding chat room aka "LFGStealth"

also the part of a problem that stealth just dont give any benefits

True but it gives it more of a team effort thing rather than just run n' gun, because honestly, what makes this game different from halo or call of duty if everyone is just running and gunning? ought as well just call it "call of duty: in space"...

First time I soloed with my Nyx and Shade I finished a whole mission with my base level good stuff (just bought so no mods) and got 16 kills. 16. So you can imagine, I got hardly anything for that run except the satisfaction of running the whole mission stealthed. As 'space ninjas' we should get a decent bonus for being stealthy, as it is we're penalised as we lose out on kills, which means less core drops, less credits and less XP.

Make it worthwhile to be stealthy and we will be!

It's not required because DE doesn't want to force players to play a certain way. However, stealth is viable as it is right now, albeit rather difficult at times.

they shall and will not force anybody by intruducing a stealth Mission mode, or special rewards if whom completes a Mission without beeing seen once. now nobody does it because no reward, and often buggy etc etc... but the stealth part is completely absent in a ninja game... which seems kinda not right to me...

First time I soloed with my Nyx and Shade I finished a whole mission with my base level good stuff (just bought so no mods) and got 16 kills. 16. So you can imagine, I got hardly anything for that run except the satisfaction of running the whole mission stealthed. As 'space ninjas' we should get a decent bonus for being stealthy, as it is we're penalised as we lose out on kills, which means less core drops, less credits and less XP.

Make it worthwhile to be stealthy and we will be!

thank you! YESS!!!!!

I mean, the high-ranked players are moaning that it's too easy. How easy would it be to stealth run a high level planet? Give them a good reason to do so and they will. For example...

Right now there are some missions where you go in to do a raid and Lotus tells you "Change of plans, leave nothing alive," right? Well the stealth missions could quite easily work like that. One objective for stealth, another if you get seen.

An assassination where you can only get your target (who would drop items similar to bosses) if you can get to him unseen. If you are seen he leaves the base and you fall back on kill everything.

A rescue where they kill the target if they know you're inbound.

Or, how about a data core collection where if you're spotted, you have to chase down a mid-level grunt or even commander-class to retrieve the data before he gets away?

Now for me, that would make the game brilliant :D It would be down to skill and luck to get the mission done within parameters and really opens up the parkour aspect - you could have a difficult route via parkour or an easier route with much higher enemy activity. Definitely no spray'n'pray/hit 4 to win, you have to think, plan, execute and react fast.

I would think if you added some sort of awesome reward for completing stealth requirements (or entire missions in stealth), people would line up easily.

I loved how the last Ghost Recon handled it, with parts requiring stealth or you failed the mission, and others with stealth as an option.

If stealth and skill were rewarded accordingly, you'd see more people attempting it. I hope the Devs make it worthwhile to play stealthily.

Also, you can't play Defense or Assassination stealthily, and the star map is made in such a way that you have to do Defense or Assassination at one point or the other and be able to do direct combat. The bias their showing in this aspect kind of discourages people from learning to play Stealthily. If you play stealthily, you have to be able to do direct combat anyways. If you rush through missions without any tact, good for you, because you don't necessarily have to learn any other tactic.

Since they want to make stealth optional, they should introduce this as an alert only mission type with higher tier rewards like the mythical Dark Sword.

I mean, the high-ranked players are moaning that it's too easy. How easy would it be to stealth run a high level planet? Give them a good reason to do so and they will. For example...

Right now there are some missions where you go in to do a raid and Lotus tells you "Change of plans, leave nothing alive," right? Well the stealth missions could quite easily work like that. One objective for stealth, another if you get seen.

An assassination where you can only get your target (who would drop items similar to bosses) if you can get to him unseen. If you are seen he leaves the base and you fall back on kill everything.

A rescue where they kill the target if they know you're inbound.

Or, how about a data core collection where if you're spotted, you have to chase down a mid-level grunt or even commander-class to retrieve the data before he gets away?

Now for me, that would make the game brilliant :D It would be down to skill and luck to get the mission done within parameters and really opens up the parkour aspect - you could have a difficult route via parkour or an easier route with much higher enemy activity. Definitely no spray'n'pray/hit 4 to win, you have to think, plan, execute and react fast.

I like this idea a whole lot, I hereby dub you an honorary "DE_EirikAura", despite having no authority to do so. Edited by FatRefrigerator

Possibly "gaiden" type missions that do not force players to complete to progress through the planets? These optional gaiden-type missions could involve special missions that stress stealth elements or other elements while providing decent rewards (new mods, resources, or maybe new items?).

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps in the future if there were a stealth mode. You wouldn't be able to use any weapons except for the silenced type and your melee of course. And as it is now, when you complete a mission in "stealth" you don't get much. So if you had a stealth mode then by completing the objectives at hand you get the base amount of lvl exp and bonus exp for completing sub objectives. (i.e. Not being seen/not alarming anything, Used only melee stealth kills, only used a sidearm, used no weapons...stuff like that) I like this post, it gives us something to discuss that might be a future game experience. Another great thing that I would like to see is a map the includes more parkour. (not the obstacle course in the dojo) A mission with more wall running and jumping or ziplines from place-to-place, I think, could definitely be used as a stealth mode map.