The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Error 11004

Zareek

So for a while now, Ive gotten this error. basically, my game freezes like Ive lost connection, and the chat goes offline (happens to my facebook too), and after 5-10 seconds it goes back up.

This is extremely fustrating, because it can result in a host migration to me, and the people I host to..

I tried google this issue, but I'm not comfortable downloading any problem to fix my issue, before at least asking around a bit.

If anyone have any information that could help me fix this problem, Id be really grateful.

(I need to update my BIOS, my pc restarts without going to the BIOS when I turn my pc off, sometimes 5-10 times before starting correctly, perhaps this issue is related?)

Edited by Zareek

is PC overclocked (PC failes to start problem)?

I'm not PC expert so use this at your own risk:

info from the internet about Error 11004:

Valid name, no data record of requested type.The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server).

An MX record is returned but no A record - indicating the host itself exists, but is not directly reachable.

Socket Error 11004 Symptoms

Anytime a Socket Error 11004 comes up it is with a Microsoft program that deals with e-mails. Usually, when this error occurs the user will be able to receive their e-mail messages but will be unsuccessful in sending any of their messages.

Socket Error 11004 Causes

The most common cause of a Socket Error 11004 is a miscommunication. This error signifies that the host trying to be reached does exist, but it can’t be reached for some reason. This can be due to misconfigured files, a bad space character at the end of server name, or it could be a corrupt registry on the PC itself.

Fixing Socket Error 11004

The first thing to do when presented with a Socket Error 11004 is to ensure that the server name is typed in correctly. If it is then you can run a check for a solution using the Windows checker on your PC:

Steps:

1. Click the Start Button.
  2. Go to All Programs.
  3. Click on Accessories.
  4. Right Click the Command Prompt.
  5. Click Run as Administrator and enter password if prompted to.
  6. Type sfc/scannow into the command prompt you see.
  7. Await for scan and repair to take place.
  8. Restart your computer once the scan and repair are complete.

my ideas:

- you can use CCleaner to clean temp files, fix registry errors etc.

- reset router/modem

- Start - Run/Search - cmd.exe (run as admin) - ipconfig /flushdns

- check that "DNS Client" service is running (in control panel - administrative tools - services)

- reinstall network card driver

- install Leatrix Latency Fix to "boost frequency of internet communication" http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Edited by Strac_CRO