The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Frosts And Frost Primes Everywhere...

Duralumin

Snow Globe blocks ALL ranged projectile/bullet attacks (although I'm unsure about Nova's abilities).

Fighting Infested in close-combat is a no-go.

Really? Last time I played with a Frost, I was running frolicking in the globe with my Dual Broncos happily destroying everything.

Fighting Infested in close-combat is a no-go? You probably haven't tried, cause that's probably the easiest way to do it(unless you're using a longsword, then it's your fault).

Snow Globe blocks ALL ranged projectile/bullet attacks (although I'm unsure about Nova's abilities).

Fighting Infested in close-combat is a no-go.

Not only that, it also blocks Vauban's Bastille when you are outside of the globe and throw one towards the pod. THAT is a major pain in the arse, especially because that led to some nasty situations (no Bastille + block of all projectiles when outside of globe = revives everywhere).

Edited by InfinitexL

If I ever see you in a defense mission, I'll be sure to snow globe it just for you :)

Edit: To be a bit more serious and on topic: Maybe in group play, it's not as useful, but in solo, it's quite nice. I noticed the difference between not using and using snow globe soloing Pluto infested defense. They melted the cryopod without the globe, and did nearly nothing while it was up. Why? Because I was able to slow them enough to deal with the horde.

Edited by TheFired3mon

sounds like a good way to make door heros  quit humpin doors if you ask me . I usually only play corpus or grineer with my frosty but damn another opportunity to teach a door hero new ideas everywhere.

Really? Last time I played with a Frost, I was running frolicking in the globe with my Dual Broncos happily destroying everything.

Fighting Infested in close-combat is a no-go? You probably haven't tried, cause that's probably the easiest way to do it(unless you're using a longsword, then it's your fault).

The Globe blocks ranged attacks from ENTERING the globe.

As I said before, close-ranged infested is generally a no-go as it's much easier to mow them down from a distance and not risk getting staggerlocked by them.

I understand that Slashing Weapons do lots of damage to light infested, but light infested aren't too important as fire and slashing melts them instantly.

If you can help it, it's better to fight them from a distance rather than close range usually (unless you have some form of invinicibility or damage resistance).

Going to love it when they make a infested that's range people will be begging for frost in infested then.

Still very unlikely unless it shoots eighty 200 damage shots per second at infinite range.

Melee infested are in the majority.

...Should I bring the popcorn now?

We seem to have a heated argument here.

Arguement?

There's not much of one. The general consensus of people who KNOW how to play the game well agree that Snow Globe is bad against Infested.

If I ever see you in a defense mission, I'll be sure to snow globe it just for you :)

I had a Frost who got all &!$$y the other day after I told him off for using the Globe in Xini.

Suddenly he started spamming globes everywhere across the map and that and the combination of Vauban's vortex and the ton of infested circulating around it caused my computer to crash. lol

The odd thing there was an Excalibur with a Snipetron saying that me (saryn), a Vauban and himself wouldn't be able to do the defense without Frost.

Edited by Duralumin

What level? 0-60? xD

Once you reach a moderately high level you die before you can kill 1/10 of the enemy's in the Globe. That's a fact. (Except the Pod dies before you do since no one can offer long/mid-range Support... that's also quite likely...)

The Globe blocks ranged attacks from ENTERING the globe.

As I said before, close-ranged infested is generally a no-go as it's much easier to mow them down from a distance and not risk getting staggerlocked by them.

I understand that Slashing Weapons do lots of damage to light infested, but light infested aren't too important as fire and slashing melts them instantly.

If you can help it, it's better to fight them from a distance rather than close range usually (unless you have some form of invinicibility or damage resistance).

It's also very easy to mash your melee key, and you don't need to worry about the stunlock with Snow Globe up.

The point is that it's quite OK if you're doing wave 1-4, 5-9 is fine if you have a powerful charged melee weapon as well. Beyond that it really just gets in the way. Snow Globe isn't useless against Infested like you claim, but it's disadvantages far outweigh the perks it has(excuse to go melee).

If a Frost is being silly in your Xini, you may wanna try telling him nicely.

I had a Frost who got all &!$$y the other day after I told him off for using the Globe in Xini.

Suddenly he started spamming globes everywhere across the map and that and the combination of Vauban's vortex and the ton of infested circulating around it caused my computer to crash. lol

The odd thing there was an Excalibur with a Snipetron saying that me (saryn), a Vauban and himself wouldn't be able to do the defense without Frost.

Lol, I find that pretty funny :p. Honestly, it kind of sounds like something I would do if I felt like being an &#!. But most likely I would stop using it :)  Hell, the only time I run Frost in infested defense is when I play solo and just have fun.

It's also very easy to mash your melee key, and you don't need to worry about the stunlock with Snow Globe up.

The point is that it's quite OK if you're doing wave 1-4, 5-9 is fine if you have a powerful charged melee weapon as well. Beyond that it really just gets in the way. Snow Globe isn't useless against Infested like you claim, but it's disadvantages far outweigh the perks it has(excuse to go melee).

If a Frost is being silly in your Xini, you may wanna try telling him nicely.

You have a very valid point right here. That globe's slow is pretty impressive and slows down the infested on a good amount, but you won't be able to melee Toxics, except if you have Orthos or another high ranged melee weapon. But I sold Orthos anyways.

My Hate currently slashes through - lvl 80 ancients as they were nothing, but I wouldn't like to face a toxic.

Might need to ignore the toxics and let the Orthos users punch 'em down.

You have a very valid point right here. That globe's slow is pretty impressive and slows down the infested on a good amount, but you won't be able to melee Toxics, except if you have Orthos or another high ranged melee weapon. But I sold Orthos anyways.

My Hate currently slashes through - lvl 80 ancients as they were nothing, but I wouldn't like to face a toxic.

They aren't much of a threat if you kill them before they enter the globe and then deal with the waiting horde inside of it. Despair  (or similarly good secondary) to kill the ancients, Ogris to deal with the clusters that you can, and a strong charge weapon to deal with the ones in the globe.

Edited by TheFired3mon

They aren't much of a threat if you kill them before they enter the globe and then deal with the waiting horde inside of it. Despair  (or similarly good secondary) to kill the ancients, Ogris to deal with the clusters that you can, and a strong charge weapon to deal with the ones in the globe.

The most Frost users neither have stretch, nor maxed their globe.

It leaves a very small amount of space to use my Ogris :P

It's not a black-and-white situation as you think.
When playing high level defense maps such as xini with skilled, competent players your point stand.
But what when you play with noobs who leave the pod undefended ? And frost is only one there ? Snowglobe can pretty much mean mission saver, as it would be mission failed if frost can't handle all the enemies himself on time.
Or what about when even people are there, but don't have enough DPS ? You see pod getting destroyed and its clear people wont kill all the mobs on time.
Don't you think snowglobe is your only chance then ?

Edited by rpglord

Depends. I aint using Orthos against toxics. itll get me killed. Note that i have no charge build. I dont even have the space or capacity to put in Reflex coil and killing blow. i have 3 mod energy left. and 1 slot. I have a pure quick strike build.  So dont think that all orthos users have a charge build ;) i know atleast 2 others who have the same kind of build as i do (Orthos is made for melee not for charge o.o with its range and speed you mow trough infested hordes like a scythe cuts trough wheat

Depends. I aint using Orthos against toxics. itll get me killed. Note that i have no charge build. I dont even have the space or capacity to put in Reflex coil and killing blow. i have 3 mod energy left. and 1 slot. I have a pure quick strike build.  So dont think that all orthos users have a charge build ;) i know atleast 2 others who have the same kind of build as i do (Orthos is made for melee not for charge o.o with its range and speed you mow trough infested hordes like a scythe cuts trough wheat

Oh, that changes the situation.

Scindo is another option though. It has enough range without reach so you're not going to be damaged by the toxics.

I don't have enough points to put reach into my Hate.

My mod setup looks like this..

1lQpCkZ.jpg

I'm not sure if it's worth it to swap out any mod with Reach.

Oh, that changes the situation.

Scindo is another option though. It has enough range without reach so you're not going to be damaged by the toxics.

I don't have enough points to put reach into my Hate.

My mod setup looks like this..

1lQpCkZ.jpg

I'm not sure if it's worth it to swap out any mod with Reach.

That is a nice setup there. Cant remember my hate setup. havent used it in a lil while. :P