Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GUI Philosophy

RorschachRev

I've watched some Devstream, saw some notes and summaries of UI design. They current philosophy was stated similar to "make the game about the player and not the GUI." They want to make the GUI and choices unobtrusive. What they have really done with PoE is remove "choice" from the player. I just talked to an NPC, I accepted her quest. I'm now loading into PoE in the middle of night, instead of going to my Foundry like I wanted. There was no question, no prompt, no "hey did you want to run around PoE at night instead of switch weapons like you need?" 

As Warframe has evolved since I last played, I see many situations where "choice" is removed from the player. We aren't *permitted* to control our character or the game. I really loathe being dragged along AUTOMATICALLY from what I was trying to do, into certain death I was trying to avoid. 

Here's another example in PoE of choice being completely removed from the player. Where's my controls over the mission loadout when I walk out of the Cetus relay. I want to force solo type to lower RAM and network requirements. Maybe there is some way to do this while in the relay, but the GUI is so "unobtrusive" I can't find it. On loading into the Cetus relay, I'm not allowed to pick which instance I go into. Worse yet, I'm not allowed to switch. Maybe you should stop cramming stuff down our throat and give enough control to the player they don't feel like they are being FORCED into doing things. 

So here I am, in PoE, at night, wrong weapon. I think I'll afk until night is over instead of abort the mission. STOP FORCING ME.