Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Helmet "skinning"

TenZa

I don't know the exact correct term for it, but I think a lot of players would like a feature where you could get the effects of 1 helmet, but with the appearance of another. This is seen on many popular MMORPGs to allow players to have the appearance they desire, but without missing out on the benefits provided by a undesirable-looking piece of gear. As far as UI implementation, it could be accomplished with a simple drag-and-drop system where there are 2 slots; 1 for the gear you want the effect of, and the other for the desired cosmetic helmet. I see this as a simple feature that would make a lot of players happier with no negative affects on the game or the community.

skinning? i know all about skinning

Firstly you grab their hair or get a good grip on the head.

next you aggressively Cut the forehead in a chopping like motion  (as opposed to slashing or stabbing). if they have hair pull up whilst chopping and the force should allow you to get a nice clean scalp.

and i like the idea of specific helmets having certain stats because you can more clearly identify that persons builds and intentions. most of the helmets people claim have "useless stats" "especially the new ones"  i would mostly agree. the efficiency helmets are the most usefull (banshee nyx) while the ones like frosts where increased power dmg bonus. thats great except frost doesnt really benefit from that. all of vaubans are useless/look like crap except for his default. but its ok because trollban doesnt need to be useful outside of sufficient trolling.

Edited by Zhoyzu

and i like the idea of specific helmets having certain stats because you can more clearly identify that persons builds and intentions.

I thought about that of course, but then the better part of me said that it shouldn't matter what someone else is using at the end of the day; that has nothing to do with me. In addition, this is a PvE game, so again there are no adverse effects to implementing this system. Players being able to customize their frame the way they want outweighs the need of the few to know everyone else's business.