Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber?

onishanrei

It applies Damage reduction from incoming attacks, to your health. And no, its totally not visible.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber <--- Read about it here.

And it depends ......Do you like the idea of having 75.9% damage reduction on your frame? I sure as hell enjoy it. ;)

The damage reduction applies to your own health, not shields or anything else. Personally, it's far more inefficient to Vitality itself.

Ok, i am using a Rhino and my questions are: what exactly is the effect of steel fiber on the armor?...is it visible in some way like shields or health?...and would you recommended maxing it out and using it on Rhino?

Without going into too many details, yes, steel fiber is recommended for Rhino. It augments the damage reduction percentage your armor offers thus reducing damage inflicted to your health once your shields are down, giving Rhino even higher survivability.

The damage reduction applies to your own health, not shields or anything else. Personally, it's far more inefficient to Vitality itself.

Right, ONLY your health. Which is why Rhino's Iron Skin is still not the OP Monster it was at his start.

But the point is that you are going to be taking 75.9% less damage.....Which means if you also use Vitality, you will be getting way more than double the benefit. But then again, its all playstyle. Very few of my frames run Vitality at all....I kill too quickly to worry about being hit.

My Rhino generally runs Fast Deflection, Steel Fiber, Vitality for his survivability. Works great.

Fast Deflection is underrated. Hardly anybody uses it, but its an amazing mod that pretty much means if you can jump out of direct combat for 10 seconds, your shields are back. More people should use them. Its like having 4GB DDR3-2600 over 16G DDR3-1333.

Fast Deflection is underrated. Hardly anybody uses it, but its an amazing mod that pretty much means if you can jump out of direct combat for 10 seconds, your shields are back. More people should use them. Its like having 4GB DDR3-2600 over 16G DDR3-1333.

Fortitude is a straight upgrade, thats the reason.

Right, ONLY your health. Which is why Rhino's Iron Skin is still not the OP Monster it was at his start.

But the point is that you are going to be taking 75.9% less damage.....Which means if you also use Vitality, you will be getting way more than double the benefit. But then again, its all playstyle. Very few of my frames run Vitality at all....I kill too quickly to worry about being hit.

*raises eyebrow*

If you're a good Rhino, the damage you'll be receiving goes directly into your Iron Skin and/or shields, never/rarely your health. One source of health is more than enough, especially with Guardian. Replace Steel Fiber with Fast Deflection/Fortitude or something. Your shields can regenerate quickly, unlike your health.

*raises eyebrow*

If you're a good Rhino, the damage you'll be receiving goes directly into your Iron Skin and/or shields, never/rarely your health. One source of health is more than enough, especially with Guardian. Replace Steel Fiber with Fast Deflection/Fortitude or something. Your shields can regenerate quickly, unlike your health.

But if you were a "good rhino" you wouldnt be asking the question in the first place, you'd already know.

Iron Skin is still USELESS at high level. And im not talking 75-80...its still semi-effective there, I mean doing T3 Defense against lvl 130+ enemies, things like that. At that level, its a whole new game.