Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, Steam Customer Support Managed To Kill My Game.

Eruend

Be warned, wall of text, and it's an angry post. Read at your discretion.

This is a story of how Steam took a week to not only not resolve my issue, but break my Warframe game and bail on me.

So last week, there was the 75% price reduction on Warframe related purchases on Steam. I decided to get the Tenno Pack and fully benefit from this 25$ deal as I'm sure many of you did. The change to my account isn't aplied directly, so I re-log hoping that the plat count increases on my return... No change.

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong and it didn't get activated due to some mistake I made. or step I didn't follow, so I ask around in Region Chat. I'm then told that I should check up on DLC content through the Library by right clicking Warframe there. I do so... and it tells me I have no DLC content for this game... WTF. I go check my purchases, and the virtual reciep is there, confirming the purchase went through properly.

I freak out a little, but I decide that it's still no big deal. Worst that could happen is that Customer Support fixes this within a few days...

Boy... Was I wrong.

I send them a description of what happened and what I did, similar to what I wrote above, and I wait. Nearly 2 days later, someone replies to my ticket telling me that I should check the DLC content of the game through the library... Which I did... Which I TOLD THEM I did. So it basicly took them 2 days to not even read the issue. I tell them as much and 5 minutes later, I apologize for doing so. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they just missed that part. So I clarify further on exactly what happens when I follow their steps...

I wait for a response again... On the second day, (fourth since the ticket was opened) I decide to open a second ticket relating to the matter out of fear that they thought the matter was resolved already without looking further into it. On the same day, that new ticket is fused to my old one and someone decides to try to help me! Things look good! So he tells me to install the game through a provided link. I end up doing so, however... once I click their link, I get a message that "This game can not be played offline"... WTF? I'm not trying to play it, I want to INSTALL it.

I try through the Steam launcher and I get the same message. I go check my library, and through my entire collection of games... Warframe's name is not displayed... Games in your collection that are simply not installed are atleast there, but greyed out... Warframe was/is not. I post it up on my ticket and wait for a reply... I wait, and no reply... For 3 days...

Once I DO get a reply, I'm told to contact DE's customer support! They push off all the responsibility to DE!!! How is all this related to them?!? And even if it is, why the hell did Steam take so freaking long to get back to me every time on this issue? If it really IS a complicated matter, would it have killed them to notify me? Hell, I even managed to keep it together the whole time and DIDN'T rage at them for their blatent incompetence and lack of respect. They could argue that they remained polite through the whole thing, but they made damn sure to be as politely disrespectful as they bloody could.

Am I the only one to have gotten this kind of treatment from Steam? Heck, did I do something wrong in the first place to deserve this?

Edited by Eruend

Install it directly, as in, not through steam.

Urgh... I don't know why I kept holding off on trying that once Steam gave me the cold shoulder. I considered it before their last reply, but decided to hold off incase it would interfere with Steam's efforts to fix the problem.

I'll try that right now, though that still won't fix the purchase I made... that never happened.

Not entirely sure about the Summer Sale, but all Steam packs I've seen before were gift packs for creating new accounts.

I've got friends that applied new packs to existing accounts without any problem, and even if it was such a problem, it should have atleast showed in my DLC content. Though I could be wrong somewhere, I strongly doubt it. Thanks for your input though, I'll look into it a little more.

edit:

Well, if it's a pack that would only aply to new accounts, they sure don't mention it anywhere. Not anywhere I can find anyway. Almost done re-downloading the game. I'll install it and see how that goes.

It's both funny and sad how two random forum members managed to be more help in 15 minutes, then Steam was in 1 week.

Edited by Eruend

Urgh... I don't know why I kept holding off on trying that once Steam gave me the cold shoulder. I considered it before their last reply, but decided to hold off incase it would interfere with Steam's efforts to fix the problem.

I'll try that right now, though that still won't fix the purchase I made... that never happened.

It might help...Because yes you paid Steam for it, and they paid DE for the Plat. If DE got the Payment and you never got the Plat, They can give it right back to you. Maybe not how it was meant to happen, but you should be able to at least get something.

It might help...Because yes you paid Steam for it, and they paid DE for the Plat. If DE got the Payment and you never got the Plat, They can give it right back to you. Maybe not how it was meant to happen, but you should be able to at least get something.

This is true.

Did you accidently hit GIFT the DLC? That might have caused your problem

I would hate myself to no end right now if I actually pressed "gift" -_- Gona check the reciep again.

Well, I didn't gift it to myself, and I managed to install Warframe from Steam... After I installed it normally. I have 2 Warframe games installed on my PC now! :D

Ok, that's not too awesome, but I can delete the extra. The Tenno Pack DID apply itself though. And that's pretty awesome. So all is well with the game now. Thanks guys, didn't really expect it to get solved here. I was mostly just venting. o_O

I'm still mad at how Steam customer support treated me though.

Edited by Eruend