Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode

Neohead

Quick question.

What is so nightmare about nightmare mode?

I ran a few and other than the awesome mod rewards, they aren't that enticing. Okay so they do have a higher level enemy but what is up with the "challenges" of each that make nightmare mode so special? I joined one and it had a timer. It took me a minute or two to figure out what the heck it was for. And what about the shield and hp crap? You just lose shields and hp over time til about 150hp then it jumps back up to 470? What's the point? To make the level longer?

I would just like to know exactly what the point is to all the useless mechanics in nightmare mode or at least have an overlay with the challenge / objective at the start of each nightmare mission.

Also there should be a switch to opt out of nightmare mode. There aren't enough players online playing the nightmare versions and you can never find a matchmaking group even with ping at unlimited.

The point is to make it more difficult due to the fact that at the end of every mission you get a nightmare mod, I agree that they are not to difficult but if you do not know what you are doing then you are screwed. 

And no I don't think that there is a way to opt out of nightmare mode.

currently nightmare mode is randomly locked on a mission for a set amount of time. i myself like the nightmare mode, because that means i can`t just pop away for tea and stuff... :D and it does add some challenge. i failed one of those `cuz i had a heavy grineer standing in the door way, and by the time i killed him, my health was a measly 51 and killing a bunch of dudes to get it back up was hardly an option, since either i`d die from the bleed, or i`d get shot, by trying to kill them as fast as possible... the first one happened, and i bugged out (could keep running around the ship but no one and nothing reacted to me being there)

If you want to easily solo nightmare modes and tier 3 voids for that matter I found using a trinity is best but it sure does take awhile. Take a strong melee wpn. You never run out of ammo, health, or energy :)

I still find it funny when people I group with ask me how I solo huge groups of lvl 61+ mobs and don't take any damage.

Edited by Neohead