Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Zunami [Water Based]

Phoenix86

I present you... Zunami (Tsunami)

water_hero_by_cliptaclopta-d69smvz.jpg

The idea behind this warframe is to create a valid hybrid;

she is capable of very high single dmg target along with 2 CC skills and a support one;

making her a jack-of-all-trades.

Stats:

Health: 75 ---> 225

Shields: 100 ---> 300

Power: 150 ---> 225

Armor: 50

Speed: 1.1

Polarities: V , -

Aura: -

Abilities:

1# High Pressure: Cost 25 - Range 15-15-20-30m - Damage: 200-200-300-500 (normal type) - Duration: 2-2-3-5 seconds - Pushback effect 1-1-2-3 m/s

Holding his hands forward Zunami unleash a thin spray of high pressurized hot water damaging its target and pushing it back. (the spray can be aimed and moved around for maximum CC efficiency)

[Affected by Focus & Continuity]

2# Drowning: Cost 50 - Range 30m on all levels - Damage: 500-500-750-1000 (armor ignoring) - Single Target

Zunami create a bubble of water around the target, filling its lungs with water and causing death by drowning.

[Affected by Focus & Stretch]

3# Refreshing Water: Cost 75 - Radius 10m on all levels - Duration 5-5-10-15 seconds - Reduce enemy's ranged damage and melee attack speed by 20-20-30-50% - Force activation of shield regeneration even if taking damage

Zunami creates a wave of water that quickly moves in circles around her, partially deflecting and slowering projectiles and reducing enemy's ability to perfom melee attacks; this water also regenerates allies's shields regardless if they are taking damage.

[Affected by Continuity]

4# Overflow: Cost 100 - Range 15-15-20-30m (120° cone, ignore covers/walls) - Damage 1000 (Armor Piercing) - Pushback 10m - Knockdown 5 seconds

Zunami summons the power of rivers, lakes and oceans creating a huge wave of water that steamrolls all of her enemies on the way.

[Affected by Focus, Continuity & Stretch]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments are welcome :)

I like the idea of a water frame, but your going to have to give it a full set of armor(like the other frames, otherwise the frame wouldn`t do well with a window being broken in space, it would be a automatic knockout within 10 seconds.

The problem I see is any water based power will have a large amount of physics involved, which requires liquid physics and im not sure about the implementation of that. As already pointed out it would need to cover the entire body as thats the whole idea of the warframe. A water frame does sound pretty cool though and the powers are interesting.

What kind of character should it be? If you don`t know what i mean, for instance, rhino and frost are known as the tanks. Nova is the defense master, and Ember tears apart infested. So what role would you expect from this water frame, because that would change its abilities and skills.

What kind of character should it be? If you don`t know what i mean, for instance, rhino and frost are known as the tanks. Nova is the defense master, and Ember tears apart infested. So what role would you expect from this water frame, because that would change its abilities and skills.

The idea behind this warframe is to create a valid hybrid;

she is capable of very high single dmg target along with 2 CC skills and a support one;

making her a jack-of-all-trades.

Answered in first post

The problem I see is any water based power will have a large amount of physics involved, which requires liquid physics and im not sure about the implementation of that. As already pointed out it would need to cover the entire body as thats the whole idea of the warframe. A water frame does sound pretty cool though and the powers are interesting.

Well exactly like Ember isnt covered by Fire also Zunami could just have "waterish details" and not being a "water entity" like you assumed if i'm right...

I agree on the fact that water animations for skills would be hell hard to make.

Ah sorry did not read the entire thing, but i would say fix the second ability because from the description it only works on one enemy, and 50 energy isn`t worth wasting on a skill that only hits one enemy, unless it is a boss, i would suggest that on the bubble popping it deals A.O.E damage?

Ah sorry did not read the entire thing, but i would say fix the second ability because from the description it only works on one enemy, and 50 energy isn`t worth wasting on a skill that only hits one enemy, unless it is a boss, i would suggest that on the bubble popping it deals A.O.E damage?

np man :)

well initially i tought about it being a water bubble (similar to bullet attractor to give you an idea) but than i tought that it would have been OP... 1000 aoe armor ignoring dmg... because waters in lungs must ignore armor, no matter what :p

I think we could make it a "small aoe" like 5 meters only... considering its dmg and cost.

Sounds better to you?

2nd ability is too powerful. 1000 damage is Ult worthy.

that's why i made it single target...

edit: and like Enchillado said many other skills can achieve such dmg with more or less the same cost... (Shuriken, Slash Dash, Antimatter Drop, Ice Wave, etc)

Edited by Phoenix86

It's obvious to have water based warframe idea, but obvious didn't mean bad, so you doing it right way. Less pleasure talking about skills, they're ugly. We got water that rather fits to 'life' than 'death', where we can play with novelty and originality, and you brought here 3 skills with excess mechanics, like "1.KILL THAT GUYS SLOWLY, 2. KILL THAT GUY FASTER, 4. KILL THESE GUYS INSTANTLY". If water effects possible to be good at this engine - I'm really like to see your frame, but this one should be support with good buffs, or some mobility skills (even for entire team), also a lot of crowd control, not talking about pushing guys back using http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Flux_Rifle'>waterspray like 1st one.

Edited by Enchillado

Well a tsunami doesnt bring Life from my point of view... and many ppl on the pacific coast would agree... lol

That being said the 3# is a party buff/utility covering that side

The 1 is a pure CC skill since the dmg is laughable, the 2 is a single target spike dmg and the 4 is the classic aoe nuke+side effect that most frames have

Edited by Phoenix86