Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Mod Concept] Bullet Mod

Mercurus

The Bullet Mods would modify the ammo and damage ever so slightly until everyone liked it. Here are some examples:

Rifle

Armor Piercing - +Armor Piercing, -Damage, able to go through multiple enemies if they're lined up

Hollow Point - -Armor Piercing, +Damage, hits only one enemy

Full Metal Jacket - Is a balance between the Armor Piercing mod and the Hollow Point mod.

Shotgun

Slug - combines the damage of all the pellets into one round (the damage might be modified to 80%, etc.)

8 Shot - Damage divided into 8 pellets per round.

Dragon's Breath - Usually made with magnesium pellets and shards, however Tenno could get more exotic. The flames shoot out 100 feet. Coned damage, Fire Damage, the damage it deals would need to be tweaked to its rarity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_breath

Mono-Filament - A multi-pellet shell, when fired the pellets separate into halves several feet apart, between the pellet halves is a mono-filament (laser wire) strand that cleanly slices through anything it encounters.  Here is a clip of mono-filament being used in the movie Johnny Mnemonic 

seen at 1:25 and 1:38. This would be a high damaging rare mod.

The definitions in themselves don't really matter as long as you get the concept that I'm wanting.

I would like this to be a similar slot as that of the Aura mod and no that does not mean the Bullet Mod is going to be an aura it just means that its located off to the left on the mods screen.

where i agree that some of these ideas are similar to existing mods, the concept of being able to use a slot similar to the "aura" slot to modify the damage type and/or projectile characteristics of a weapon is really interesting. i could see this bring a lot more variety to the styles of gun play available in the game. it may even help with the constant "nerf this, buff that" on the forums by allowing players to have more control over the functionality and usability of their chosen weapon. 

where i agree that some of these ideas are similar to existing mods, the concept of being able to use a slot similar to the "aura" slot to modify the damage type and/or projectile characteristics of a weapon is really interesting. i could see this bring a lot more variety to the styles of gun play available in the game. it may even help with the constant "nerf this, buff that" on the forums by allowing players to have more control over the functionality and usability of their chosen weapon. 

Exactly - and I think it would be even cooler if this new "ammo type" slot could be changed on the fly (this would be awesome for auras too).

Exactly - and I think it would be even cooler if this new "ammo type" slot could be changed on the fly (this would be awesome for auras too).

I like the concept of changing ammo type on the fly. It could be a similar button to "Q" but instead of using an inventory item. You highlight a mod that you would like to use.  This makes sense to be as I think Warframes are probably using space folding technology to store ammo or a device that can rearrange matter so that they can take ammo from an enemy and convert it into the ammo that their guns use.

All of these already exist as mods. So they are redundant. Well, except the mono-filament, that's an interesting one.

I understand that there is damage mods and armor piercing mods. The difference of what I'm proposing is more clearly seen with a shotgun. Imagine instead of seeing a horde of numbers when shotgunning an enemy but instead see one large number (for slugs), or a huge flame take their head off.

I think Flechettes should also be a Ammo Mod, so there would need to be a name change on the existing mod.

I like the concept of changing ammo type on the fly. It could be a similar button to "Q" but instead of using an inventory item. You highlight a mod that you would like to use.  This makes sense to be as I think Warframes are probably using space folding technology to store ammo or a device that can rearrange matter so that they can take ammo from an enemy and convert it into the ammo that their guns use.

I agree. I think it would be a better use to the mouse scroll wheel, since to use powers I use the number keys.

• 2 weeks later...