Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow connection? Now it's even worse for you

Aurea_Hiigara

In the nearly two years I've played Warframe, one thread I've seen time and time again, and participated actively in, is the one where people beg DE to implement some kind of "Never make me host" button because, well, not everyone sits on superduper gigabit fiber connections.

I can't host. I mean really, I can't. I have a 12 KB/s upload, and that is just not enough.

And then comes the Pains of Idle-On.

I have a loading time into the plains of 1-2 minutes. Not sure about the rest of you, but that's a lot of boredom just sitting in the airlock, waiting. Hoping. Wondering if I'm getting put into a group or be forced to 'host'. Today it was the latter, and instead of doing as I usually do, turning around and leaving immediately, I decided it's not my fault, it's just too bad for the guys joining and instantly being kicked due to lag.

So I tried doing the mission. I had to go save a captive from blowing up, so I did that.

Only, people were joining left and right, desperate to get into my game. I got the dreaded Network Not Responding as my measly 12 KB/s were immediately saturated. I ignored it, kept playing. Saved the hostage!

AND got kicked straight out to the login screen due to aforementioned network issues.

DE, please. This has GOT to stop. Let us unfortunate souls who bought a friggin' house on the promise there would be fiber in the ground soon (seven years ago) actually PLAY, not run in and out of an airlock trying to get into random groups. Just implement a proper queue system already, PLEASE!

2 minutes ago, Witchhammer said:

while you are right, what about playing solo ?

I'm trying to play with other people. That's kinda what online games are supposed to be about. Besides, I'm not ashamed to admit that I am just not a skilled enough player to take on the last two bounties solo, and will probably have trouble with the middle one.

I dont wanted to be mean, thats why i said that you are right with that "Never Host" Option. I have a quite good connection able to host huge ammount of traffic so on the other side, i would love to have a button "Always Host" ;)
Playing Solo was just an idea , i cannot do the later bounties too so i feel you :)