Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Augment Concepts

Starwake

Nidus is my favorite frame and i have no ide if the augments are in the pipline alrady but i have a few cool ideas. 

his number 1- virulence- holding this ability down now causes nidus to charge his stomp causing to go in a aoe at half the distance at double the cost. Dont know if double the cost is resonable or not for balancing but i think its a cool idea overall.

Number 2- Larva- drags in nearby resources and ammo. or on ending the larva explodes creating a toxic cloud for a 5 second duration( can be a fixed higher duration or effected by duration mods)

number 3-  parrasitic link-  now corrupts the mind of you enemy to fight for nidus. dont know if this is to close to nyx but seems like it could be a cool concept. and nidus could % take damage from the his ally.

Number 4-  ravenous - it would be cool if the power could grow over the duration increasing the infestation to a larger area. or mabe he could cast 2 in seperate areas. just would like to see nidus look like he is making the area he is in into a infested ship.

overall thse are my real rough ideas. if it was mention in past dev streams let me know and disreagard them but if not im interested what other think. and what their ideas are. 

On 10/16/2017 at 12:19 PM, Starwake said:

Nidus is my favorite frame and i have no ide if the augments are in the pipline alrady but i have a few cool ideas. 

his number 1- virulence- holding this ability down now causes nidus to charge his stomp causing to go in a aoe at half the distance at double the cost. Dont know if double the cost is resonable or not for balancing but i think its a cool idea overall.

Number 2- Larva- drags in nearby resources and ammo. or on ending the larva explodes creating a toxic cloud for a 5 second duration( can be a fixed higher duration or effected by duration mods)

number 3-  parrasitic link-  now corrupts the mind of you enemy to fight for nidus. dont know if this is to close to nyx but seems like it could be a cool concept. and nidus could % take damage from the his ally.

Number 4-  ravenous - it would be cool if the power could grow over the duration increasing the infestation to a larger area. or mabe he could cast 2 in seperate areas. just would like to see nidus look like he is making the area he is in into a infested ship.

overall thse are my real rough ideas. if it was mention in past dev streams let me know and disreagard them but if not im interested what other think. and what their ideas are. 

Some really good ideas, I thought about the 4th augment kinda too. I thought if it grew at a rate of like 1 meter per 7 seconds or something. Or it keeps getting larger but drains your mutation stacks. Would really bring the whole "Make the infested grow ever stronger" deal pretty cool.

Most augments seem to be designed to help the Frame where they struggle the most, or to add special utility to what was previously an uninteresting ability.

Nidus, though, doesn't really Struggle anywhere other than lack of stacks on fast missions, but there's no real way to make an augment for that,

And none of Nidus's abilities are uninteresting...

I can see why it's taken so long for DE to come up with an augment for Nidus yet...it's tough to make it matter on a frame that has it all.

The only thing I've ever really felt Nidus could use an augment for would be to let his [1] Virulence be cast omni-directionally like a projectile, as opposed to its current travel along the floor iteration. But even there, if nidus needs to hit an enemy in the air, he can just [2]Larva to pull them down. So it only really applies to the rare situation where an enemy is both airborne and immune to Larva, such as the Raptor boss.