Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Love

Steemship

Counting the enemy types, their are 19 (+1 when/if the Nervos comes back, 12 (counting security camera, laser barrier, and turret all as one), and a whopping nine infested enemies. I understand they are the least of the three factions, but they are severely lacking and the Grineer are getting more work instead. I'm guessing their plan is to flesh out Grineer for launch and then build up corpus and infested with back-story and add the fourth race after that with a big story-based build up.

However, some ideas for Infested:

- It appears that the their thing is that they don't have a home and are essentially space marauders infecting and taking over places as they move. This is fine, but for ships they've had for several centuries should be HEAVILY mutated...like completely covered in growths. It could have new paths that cater to the infected that they could've dug through the ship after centuries of ownership. Being organic, they could also have more chaotic and smoother design, IE their are no sharp drops, only slight inclines from level to level and the pathing could be direct and functional to simulate

- Infested chambers. (I originally used the term nests, but that may not be accurate depending on their lore) It could show how they turn survivors or how they birth new mutations.

-Speaking of, a new mutation: a flying adversary. It would be weak and hard to shoot on par with most flying things, but it would be unique to the infested.

- Improving the leapers so they don't take as long to attack . Additionally, more unique forms for the infected. Currently, they are all mutated forms of other enemies. I don't know if they are intended to be like that or that was the best they could come up with working with what they had, but at some point, they will need to be unique. And considering the nature of infestation and organic life, it is understandable for them to change every now and again. Organic virus > Zombies.

-More infested weaponry. It should be a focus on acidic effect able to break through their enemy's armor.

The infested definately need some more attention. Converting a ship/asteroid into some kind of hive-type thing would be awesome

And planets, pretty much the infested are going to win this war, even the fire enviroment is cuz grienners are burning those nasty infested spores spreading everywhere.

Edited by Dasmir

- Improving the leapers so they don't take as long to attack . Additionally, more unique forms for the infected. Currently, they are all mutated forms of other enemies. I don't know if they are intended to be like that or that was the best they could come up with working with what they had, but at some point, they will need to be unique. And considering the nature of infestation and organic life, it is understandable for them to change every now and again. Organic virus > Zombies.

They have started moving towards this approach, both with the updated ancients and the incoming update to Golem. Chargers, Leapers and Runners will likely remain as is, in order to give the impression of infected being infected rather than some alien race, however I could see the Crawlers getting some more detail. Currently they don't appear to really have a reason to be dragging themselves across the ground.

Also flying infection or projectile forms would be great. Annoying, but awesome.

Personally, Infested shouldn't be meant to scare like we traditionally thing of infestations, but should be meant to show their superiority through mutation and sheer numbers.

Another idea: Infested spawning in larger numbers and corpus spawning in fewer numbers to better exmplify the superior status they believe themselves to be.

What superiority? There is none. The only thing they have atm is ugly-ness. Id make them more varied and stronger like they have them in Dark Sector, but thats just me.

Every being believe's its species is superior. The term was used to describe how the infested should use their nature/ability/advantage (can't decide on the right word) to be the best species. Edit: It is a war after all between Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and Tenno.

Edited by Steemship