Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love This Game But...

Noxcide

There a few things i think that need to be changed.

1.Remove Experience and the current blueprints and from the login reward cause you can get them both by doing missions or buying them from the market. Instead have the blueprints you can get from alert missions cause people don't always play 24/7 waiting for a good alert mission to pop up also some people are asleep when a decent alert mission pops up i find every time im on only thing that pops up is money missions.

2.Remove duplicates for boss/void blue prints and parts i hate having to farm for hours on end and have like 20 of one blueprint or part when i need other parts. (even harder to get blueprints now they gave the bosses a massive boost in level and not always easy to find a party so im having to solo most the time)

No.

-Duplicates help the drop rate, also free credits and help the game be harder, also no preventing it too.

-People deserve getting BPs from login rewards.

-I nor do many others get anything special from login rewards often.

Edited by 123Olympian

The experiences are need to get tweaked on the login rewards. The blueprint are helpful for most players until you get to a point where you almost have all of it.

People around the world plays warframe and they need good drops around their time zone. Not always in one spot where other people won't have the time to get it.

Removing duplicate for boss/void blueprints are not going happen if your running with other players. It help with the drop rates. There a specific drop rate for each parts. You need to check on some certain website that has tier keys that drop parts that you need. (Need search for it)

There a few things i think that need to be changed.

2.Remove duplicates for boss/void blue prints and parts i hate having to farm for hours on end and have like 20 of one blueprint or part when i need other parts. (even harder to get blueprints now they gave the bosses a massive boost in level and not always easy to find a party so im having to solo most the time)

So if you are in group at void run and you have braton prime reciever, it wont be reward at the end of the mission? What if someone other in group needs it?

So if you are in group at void run and you have braton prime reciever, it wont be reward at the end of the mission? What if someone other in group needs it?

i mean like. have separate drops for each player instead of everyone getting the same drop when finishing

true, i have the same prob with collecting paris bronco and latron parts. they should give rewards based on the parts the player need to complete the gun or frame

thats what i mean like say if i ran the void with someone and i needed a certain part and someone else needed a different part make it so the other person gets his drop and i get the drop i needed instead of everyone getting the same drop or atleast have a way you could select your reward at the end of mission

Edited by Necromentia

The experiences are need to get tweaked on the login rewards. The blueprint are helpful for most players until you get to a point where you almost have all of it.

People around the world plays warframe and they need good drops around their time zone. Not always in one spot where other people won't have the time to get it.

Removing duplicate for boss/void blueprints are not going happen if your running with other players. It help with the drop rates. There a specific drop rate for each parts. You need to check on some certain website that has tier keys that drop parts that you need. (Need search for it)

well instead of boss drops they should make it so you can select your reward at the end of the mission instead of farming for 8 hours and never get what you need so instead of killing a boss like 20 times you only havta kill him 3 times then you can move onto farming mats

No.

-Duplicates help the drop rate, also free credits and help the game be harder, also no preventing it too.

-People deserve getting BPs from login rewards.

-I nor do many others get anything special from login rewards often.

i dont see the point of getting it from the login reward it isnt even that hard to earn money in this game and the blueprints are only like 15-20K so thats dirt cheap. 

log in reward is ok the way its cuz that way people wont get formas and orokin reactor or catalyst so esay now farming bosses is also great the way its whats the point on doing a boss 3 times and getting all u need that makes the game boring 

i dont see the point of getting it from the login reward it isnt even that hard to earn money in this game and the blueprints are only like 15-20K so thats dirt cheap. 

It's to help the beginners. They do have people just starting this game. Also it's rather hard to get some items like forma due to being unlucky. Login reward is something to help us be on everyday, I don't need it to be degraded as the devs have better things to do.

Log in reward isn't meant to be 'great' reward. It's merely an incentive for logging in.

Asking it to be greater or equal to what you can get in the game is against the point of playing. You can't play 24/7 and you want to have the same advantage to those who can? it's not going to happen. (noted that Glaive can be acquired through lot in reward and it's either plat-based or alert) I can't do that too and I don't complain since player who invest more time should be rewarded far more than those who don' invest.

What is the point of playing more if you don't get more rewards/progression?

The second problem is based on RNG mechanic. If you can get everything within three runs, the game life span is going to be considerably shorten. It needs RNG to be artificially lengthen, just like most games. If DE decide not to use it and use token-based sysem instead, it will also be artificially lengthen with large token requirement. Time needed to get the same equipment is going to roughly be same. Just more certain.

Just preferred choice of poison, imo.

Edited by neKroMancer

Being a bigger grind has nothing to do with difficulty. Grinding a level 5 boss for 10 hours is not "harder", it's just a bigger time sink. If you want a time sink, I can arrange for that, as this may be more to your level of desired difficulty: http://progressquest.com/dl.php

Let me know when you hit level 100, it's pretty "hard" to do. Oh, and don't worry about things like pushing buttons, you don't actually need to do any of that; the game literally plays itself. This is the equvilent of farming a low level boss for patterns 30+ times in a row in "difficulty"; ie: it's not.

Now, as for everyone else, the log in reward should be a reward just to incentivize players into logging in and playing. As it stands, there's a rather large number of things that can only be gained from the login rewards other than purchasing outright, such as forma or potato blueprints, and these are on a wildly random drop chance rate. As such, it is quite literal that you have to either pay to win or to login rewards to win, because your weapons will be kinda crap otherwise.

The biggest issue here isn't that experience is on the drop table, it's that there are far, far better things on the drop table as well which can only be acquired from such.

There's not much reason to spend platinum on forma or potatoes because you only need a handful of them and will get them from reward logins anyway. This pretty obviously hurts the shop. Unfortunately, the existence of these "game changing items", means that the login rewards aren't a "nice little bonus" for playing, but flat out required to progress at later levels. Being able to make your guns literally 4x stronger by decking them out with forma and potatoes is kind of absurd.

If anything, the reverse of the OP's offer should happen - remove forma, potatoes, and any blueprints from the login reward system entirely, and provide primarily things like money, experience, or random mod drops instead, stuff which is super common anyway. This maintains that "nice little bonus" for logging in, instead of "absolute neccessity".

From there, the forma and potatos, blueprints and so on, are instead shifted to different areas of the game and given guaranteed drop rates, but more difficult requirements to build them.

Difficulty doesn't stem from grinding an easy boss for a long time; it comes from doing a difficult task at all.

In this manner, items such as potatoes should have the blueprint either at a 100% drop rate, or easily bought at the store, but amassing the individual parts to build one should be difficult, involved with either completeing complex challenges, or defeating advanced, complex bossses which are less about "more stats" and more about "difficult mechanics".

Being able to run a parkour course, or something similar, should be required to get parts should be mandatory; if you can't play the game at that difficulty level, then you honestly don't really need the bigger guns until you're capable of such.

Game balance is such:

- Standard enemies have easy to hit weak points

- Standard enemies don't really need more than a level 30 gun with maxed mods

- Advanced enemies aren't just higher stats, but also unique abilities and complex mechanics

- Advanced enemies require bigger guns, but also higher skill in general

- Standard weapons are suitable for fighting standard enemies

- Advanced weapons are suuitable for fighting advanced enemies

In short... we don't need things like forma and blueprints on the random rewards login system; all that does is randomly throw good item upgrades at people who don't really need them, while keeping them out of reach of players who have use for such. It's a time sink, nothing more. At this point in the game, I haven't played Warframe in about a week and a half... why? Because I have all my guns and suits I want maxed out, and I'm honestly just waiting on login rewards for some potatoes; since I can get them for free, they're not worth spending platinum on, and after the steam summer sale, I have other things to distract me. This is bad design, as it means I literally have zero reason to play the game right now, and until the RNG favours me enough to give me something useful, I'm stuck playing something else.

A player's progression should directly be influenced by their skill level and capacity to acquire difficult to get materials, not blind luck of the RNG and how many times it takes to spin the wheel to get something useful. So, too, should the player's progression in items reflect the need for those items to overcome the content that player is facing.

There is zero reason for low level players to have access to forma before they even potato their gear. Forma should only be handed out to players who have need of it.

As such, the game should be more realistically broken down into three main sections of game play:

1: A beginner's difficulty. Enemies are standard, easy to kill, don't do much special, and a standard level 30 weapon and suit is good enough to kill anything in here. Potatoes are able to be bought as a blueprint from the store easily for credits, but acquiring the parts to build the potato requires doing top end missions in the beginner's difficulty which are on par for difficulty with the early intermediate difficulty levels. Drop rates for potatos are 100%, but the mechanics prove a challenge to acquire such more than the stats of enemies.

2: An intermediate difficulty. Enemies are a bit more advanced, require actually hitting weak points, have some special abilities and require some tactics such as flanking and such. Their stats now require that your level 30 weapon is potatoed, meaning you first had to show you need a potato because you got through the top end beginner's difficulty and faced some tough challenges. Like the beginner's difficulty, forma can be purchased as a blueprint at the store, and their drop rate for the pieces are 100%, but the difficulty of acquiring those parts is on par with the advanced difficulty missions.

3: An advanced difficulty. Enemies are very complex here; they don't just have higher stats, but each fight is like taking on a group of enemy Tenno, or a shadow-of-the-collosus style fight, where you seriously need to know your stuff. You are expected to have forma on your gear at this point, as in order to make it to this difficulty you first had to succeed at defeating the top-end intermediate levels which dropped such. Enemy stats are raised to reflect this, but the real challenge comes from their skill set, abilities, and complexity factor. Actual strategic planning is required at this level of play.

In each of these cases, your stats increase alongside your enemies. If you're fighting harder enemies, you get bigger stats to make it feel like you're being more effective! The thing is, the stat growth is largely arbitrary; it doesn't matter what these stat values are for the most part, so long as it's a new plateau of power - the real difficulty comes from the skill required, rather than the firepower needed. Bigger guns are just there simply for the sake of making the player feel stronger to go with the harder content.

As it stands, we have no need for forma to be handed out to newbies, and it shouldn't have a place on the roulette at all. It's completely unneccesary, and actually harms the game, both in platinum sales, and in ruining the purpose of the roulette.

Adding a bigger time sink is not equivilent to an increase in challenge rating; this is a mistake that amateur game designers and players have been making almost since video games were invented. Dirk the Daring in Dragon's Lair, also made the mistake of "random choice" being "difficulty". It wasn't a hard game; it was a time sink where you had to pick A B or C, and if you picked the wrong one, you started back at the beginning and had to pick A B or C again. Picking A B or C is not a complex task, and there's nothing inherently difficult about it. It doesn't matter how many times you're forced to pick A B or C, or how punishing the consequences for picking the wrong one are, it's still a simple action and therefore not related to the difficulty of the game. Please keep this in mind for the remainder of the discussion.