The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Loafing in PoE

Elkybam

Noticed that a player in my party was not completing the bounty objective and almost left us with defeat. Instead, they were fishing while conveniently waiting for others to finish the bounty and claim the reward. Player loafing has been around in Warframe, but it's lack of address all the way until the release of Plains of Eidolon is just irritating.

There should be a mechanic that tracks how far you should be from the objective in the last two phases of bounties before you are disqualified from the rewards. A kick system right now could lead to a lot of abuse, so I'm not going that route.

I understand that this is what I should expect when I join a public match. And so the current system continues to encourage loafing while anyone who has sunk in time and effort is not given the extra mileage. Disappointing.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I don't mind... It's a big plain, and I think it's important that people are free to do whatever activity they feel like doing.

That said, players should be able to extract at will without requiring other people to leave too... And new people could then join to fill in the ranks.

I wouldn't mind either..if they were on free roam. This one decided to kill two birds with one stone and leave it to the others.

I completely agree with the extraction idea. It's like DE expected everyone playing to play in a tight-knit squad for the majority of the time.