Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way Too Late For This Now... [Dual Pistols]

Lumireaver

Way back before new and interesting mods came into existence, DE released the first dual pistols. If they had come out today, I feel like they would have been a high cost mod. Trade lots of mod points in exchange for better burst dps and worse reload speed.

Beta is beta, and anything could change, but it's probably best that this doesn't as it's not even really an issue.

Oh well. Just a random thought for Off Topic. (I feel like posting this in General Discussion would make it seem like flame bait.)

I actually like this idea. A LOT.

Although, with Bronco Prime, hrm...

Hm, if it turns out the community isn't as vehemently opposed to it as I expected, I might ask for this to be moved to Weapon Feedback... The recent bow/sniper only mods really spurred this on. I imagine the dual pistol mods would be a "light pistol" mod, or something like that. (Or just a "pistol," but that would include the Lex, which is either a good thing, or not. Leaning on "yes," though.)

edit: I kind of imagined people would be upset because they would lose their triple forma Dual Vipers over a change like this...but in reality, those Dual Vipers would be converted into a triple forma Vipers and a free mod. Player loss is at a minimum. 

Edited by Lumireaver

I think the "dual" mods should be weapon specific rather than catch all. Like if you have Akbolto right now, with 6 formas and lvl 30, you keep everything, but get a "Dual akbolto" mod.

I don't know about that. One mod per weapon effectively means a more cluttered mod pool which indirectly lowers drop rates for other mods. There's also precedent for weapon class locked mods.

I mean, it could work, but I'm not too keen on those downsides. :-P

Or just keep the dual weapons and make impossible to get anything dual after the update, just using mods. All games have rare items that were only aviable during beta period.

THere is no problem to save a weapon called dual bronco in the game config,

Edited by truci4

Yeah I was thinking of that. Just make it a high cost 0 level mod and it'd be great

You could give the mod levels. Each one would improve the reload speed until it reaches current levels, or something. Just had another crazy thought. Maybe the mod could be the light pistol equivalent of an aura?

Or just keep the dual weapons and make impossible to get anything dual after the update, just using mods. All games have rare items that were only aviable during beta period.

THere is no problem to save a weapon called dual bronco in the game config,

So we can have the Snipetron fiasco again? Back when they rolled out U7 they took away our old mods and gave us fusion cores. The reason they didn't let us keep the old ones was because they were inconsistent. (Which is why I initially felt like it's too late for this kind of change. People like to get sore over every decision.)